Martin: Ego net cost. Welcome to Ego net cost. I am Martin Lindeskog and this will be episode 130. And today I have a guest here. Hello, Maria Rubia.
Maria: Hi, how are you?
Martin: I'm fine. Yourself? What's on your mind?
Maria: I love your accent.
Martin: You could do yeah, thanks.
Maria: All day.
Martin: Is it Queen's English or American English?
Maria: What I'm speaking now yeah, it's Queen English and I Swedish.
Martin: Yeah, it could be that swingish Swedish.
Maria: English with a very nice Swedish accent.
Martin: Thanks. So talking about that, have you seen The Muppet Show? And The Swedish Chef?
Maria: No.
Martin: Then you definitely should check out a song called Popcorn. You know the classic synth electronic pop music that was like buttery pop popcorn. And the Swedish Chef in The Muppet Show. He's talking like, boom, boom, boom. It's not Swedish, but it's that very finky Swedish. It's so funny. He's making popcorn and shrimp together. Totally hilarious music video, but it's with this popcorn song. And we will talk about your music and happy music. And thanks to and shout out to Yonathan Dahl that told me about you and asked if it would be interesting to have you as a guest on the show. And I have had, I think it's ten individuals right now, artists that I have had on Egonet Cost. Here my podcast, so that's great. So thanks for taking your time here, Maria. And we can start out with that. Your fans, they are called Rubies like precious dough, right?
Maria: Yes, but I don't like the word fans because I just think it's just silly. I think we're all fame, you know what I mean?
Martin: Right, yeah.
Maria: Because to me, they're very precious, thank God. All over the world. And I was getting a lot of messages on my Instagram saying, happy Women's International Day yesterday, which I thought, they're so kind, they don't need to send me that message. It was just really lovely. Yeah, they're literally from all over the world. I mean, I've had soldiers stuck up mountains for work whilst they were doing a battle, and one was depressed and he said it was my songs that kept him going. And I was like, wow, that to me is so special.
Martin: Yeah. So let's talk about special. When I did a search on Your Name Here, I found like 61,000 hits on Google. I haven't searched an alternative search engine like Doctor Go. I often do that also, but I checked that and the first one, and we'll talk about a little about marketing and how to be found on the net for an artist and record labors and others. It was a Wikipedia entry with you and then it was a link to your official page so we could start out that from a gecko. Could you tell the listeners where to find you in cyberspace on your own page?
Maria: Yes. Thank you. Because I basically got all of my socials hacked, some deleted, and there is one out there that is not my official page. So we've now set up a website so that, thank God, is like at the top of the when you Google it, it comes to the top and it's www.mariarubiaofficial.com. And that's got all of my socials, my real socials on there because there are some out there that are fake. And also there are some producers that have said, oh, Maria Rubio has sung on this song. I've not sung on that song. And he also says that I've been in a Mexican film. I've never been in a Mexican film. So there's a lot of mistakes and false information on the internet, so just be very careful.
Martin: Good. And I like that advice. As a new media advisor, I said, be careful out there and double check. And then I also see opportunities as a new media advisor to help along with this. Because if you create content like blog posts or videos, podcasts and so on, you will come up off the top in the long run. And that's like the Wikipedia, it's very good that it is an official way there and also linked to official, because I found Facebook, as you said, Twitter and others. And I was wondering, is that the real deal or is it somebody else or is it something that was in the past and so on. So it's good that you have mentioned that on your website there. Also I see lots of information there and I see potential for that website. Also what you could do in the future.
Maria: Because even on the Wikipedia, there's misinformation on there. People that are just adding stuff onto my Wikipedia.
Martin: Yeah, because they could edit it.
Maria: Yeah, it's not the truth. I don't think Wikipedia should allow Tom Dick and Harry to just add stuff on there because it's not the case. People I don't know are just adding stuff onto Wikipedia. So I don't bother with Wikipedia. I don't bother with even looking anymore because there's a lot of things that is not correct. So, yeah, the website has got all the correct information. It's got all of the songs. We are doing a YouTube channel and all of that. So all of that information is correct.
Martin: That's good. And that will be interesting when you search for something and how you work with social media and new media. So I liked what you said on the page where Google got the go. You said about the vocals there and the credits that you want to have credits when his credit is due, but you want to have it in the correct way so that we could come to your latest song. Is that a piece of the puzzle to how to get out there in the cyberspace and how to get through to your Rubies and others? Of course you meet them at the concerts, you have contact with them in different ways, but do you see that as a challenge? I know that you have a management team and you have the record label, you have guys like Yonaton and others that are promoting you and so on. What's your thoughts on this as an artist?
Maria: Yes. So when all of my socials got hacked, you literally rely on your socials for everything. And I was communicating with a lot of people, business people, via my socials. So when they got hacked and my TikTok got deleted first, and I was like, okay, well, that's not that important. I can do another one. But my Twitter had a lot of followers. I'm talking a lot. And I've been with Twitter since 2014. And the sad thing is that Twitter has no customer service, zero Instagram, Spotify, all of that. Yes, but Twitter, no. And we keep getting bot emails, and they're like, oh, because there's an impersonation official Maria Rubia page, which has nothing to do with me. And we told them about it, and they're like, oh, we need your ID. Well, I don't have ID in my stage name. That's my stay's name. And they're like, oh, yeah. And it's the same message, bot email that they send at the end. You just give up. So I'm not on Twitter anymore. I've just got my team on Twitter, so my management and then there's Maria Rubio updates. But that's it. That's it, because otherwise it's just you can get stressed about it. You're like, oh, my gosh, you're a massive company. But the company is too big for me. What has happened to me? Twitter is too big because it doesn't go to the problem, which is bad. So my management literally are writing to Elon Musk about it because it's just unacceptable. Yeah, so that's why we set up the website, because that's a point of contact that can't get hacked, the company, and then people can go onto it. You can then reach to the people out there who enjoy music. And spotify artists is absolutely fantastic. It's very professional. And if there's a tiny little thing that you don't get, you contact them. Their customer service is on point. So that's how it needs to be an Instagram as well. They're very good TikTok. Yeah, I love TikTok, but I'm not a person that takes selfies all day, every day or videos. My personal life, I follow a lot of people who do that, and that's their thing. But with me, I'm extremely private with my children, with my private life, because I think it's really important to have that separation. So I've got far less followers than if I was literally filming myself all day, every day, filming myself swimming and when I'm eating and all that, I would have a lot more. But that's the choice that I've made, is that I like to stay private. And the only thing that I like to put out there is the music. You do photo shoots, so that's the model in me when I do photo shoots, then that goes in magazines or then I will add that to my socials. But that's business, that's not my life, if that makes sense.
Martin: Yeah. Tough. So that's good decision, I think. And I am a cat person. I will talk about food also. I often ask you about that question. And you're in England, right? So do you drink tea?
Maria: Oh, no, I've never drunk tea. No, that stains your teeth. That's not good for you. No, green tea is very good for you. It's good for your insides. But no, I just drink water or smoothies. I am definitely a cat and a dog person. So we have a little cat called Cuddles, which we absolutely love, and we are actually going to get a little puppy, a cockapoo. That's the choice of my little one called Bailey. He's eight years old.
Martin: Yeah.
Maria: He chooses what he wants and he hand color. What is your cat called?
Martin: Robin. So he's a red. Yeah. It's nice. And your record company, it's dogs, right?
Maria: Yes. So they're called Crazy Dog Records and have a dog that they absolutely love, and they put it in my pop videos. I think it's the mascot of the record company and, yeah, they absolutely love their doggie, so that's fair enough. You respect that. That's their mascot. And, yeah, they love him to bits. I can't remember his name. I can't remember, say, he or she. I went into the studio and the dog was there and I met David's wife and lovely people. The PR company that I'm using is called Power Promotions and they're plug in all of the songs that we've got out. We've got free out at the moment. And my Traps again played in Miami Music Week on the 21st, which is fantastic. So the record company is excited, I'm excited. The PR company, Power Promotions, they've been going for 30 years, so they are very kind and they've done it at mates rates. We call it in English, so not too expensive. They're very kind to us. My mum and dad paid them, which was kind of my mum and dad. But, yeah, you know, it's like you get feedback from DJs, so the DJs are enjoying the songs and they are downloading it. So that's really good. We 8.6 million downloads on Spotify alone. Wow, thank you. And seven point it's going up every week by 100,000 views. It's 7.5 million views on YouTube. So, yeah. So thank you to everyone that's out. And it's gone viral on TikTok. We got to my surprise, that was the Big Brother theme tune that's gone viral on TikTok. And also, every time you need me has gone viral. So that's the power.
Martin: Is that the one? Because I listen when I search on Apple Music, we'll talk about the different how you could get out there. I remember the day with vinyl and so on, how you could listen to music and how you could get paid. So I did a search on Apple Music and I found the one that you mentioned there. Could you tell a little about that? Because then you got like Silver was it record thanks to this Fragma thing. Was that the first hit, so to speak? Or have you done other tunes before that?
Maria: No, so I did theater before that, but I was in university and I've modeled since 13 years old. So I was like in magazines and TV adverts and things like that. But I was myself going to meetings with businessmen at the age of 16 1718. And imagine a young girl, long blonde hair, slim, who was having business meetings with men who just wanted to eat me up, I think in their forty s. And they wouldn't take me seriously. And I was like, okay, well because I really wanted them to take me seriously. So my attitude was, no, I'm not going to sleep with you, because that was quite normal. So they would say, oh, well, if you date me, I can give you this, or if you're my mistress, I can give you this, and I can get your record deal, blah, blah, blah. And none of that was happening, I will not do that. So I would just go, oh, thank you. And then I just say, okay, I'm going to go now. And then I would leave politely and that would be the end of the meeting. So I sieved through all of the I'd call them perverts, weirdos, or Opportunists, whatever you want to call them. And no, I didn't sleep with anyone to get to where I was because that's my self respect, I think. And that's just how I was brought up, is you keep yourself to yourself and business is business and that's completely separate. So, yeah, I was in university and then I had meetings, good meetings, not meetings like that, good meetings where they meant business. And I would sing down the phone to them and then they said, oh, fragment. I've just had a number one and are interested in flying you over to the studio. Imagine university and over. And they've just had a number one, and I was listening to it on the radio. So anyway, cut long story short, yeah, I went there. I was really nervous, didn't think I got it. Mom and dad were like, did you get it, darling? I said, I don't think so. And they were like, oh, they were more disappointed than me. And then I got the phone call and then I got it, and I was like, oh my God. Yeah. And then it happens really fast, doesn't it? You know what happens when you're famous happens very fast. So 1 minute you're not getting recognized, next minute you are, you're doing a pop video, you're signing autographs, and it's an avalanche. And I was getting like two to 4 hours sleep. The promotion was incredible. It was very professional. I was with EMI who treated me amazingly well, and fragment were amazing. I'm still in contact with them now and it was just done perfectly. It's all I can explain. And my tour manager, et cetera. I had a lovely team around me. And then off the back of that, we did the other song. So, yeah, I did the Big Brother theme tune Forever in a Day. And then I did Akira, Here Comes the Rain again. So the guy from Eurythmics, he gave us yeah, David, he gave us the thumbs up. He liked the vocals, so that was an honor. And then I wrote say it. When I was stuck on the motorway, you know, when there's accidents on the motorway, I was like, oh. And then this song came to me. I was like, oh, my God, I got to write it down quick. And then, yeah, it just carried on from there and I was Mummy. So I ended up in a wheelchair with Brandon. I couldn't walk because he nearly died inside of me. He got stuck, yeah. And so I had seconds to get him out because his heart rate was dropping. And then when he came out, he wasn't breathing, so they hid him from me and it was crazy. Like, you expect the baby to cry. Why is the baby crying? And I saw my mum really pale, so after that, I couldn't walk. Basically, I'd broken my synthesis pubists bone that I'd never heard of before. I was like, what is that? They're like, yeah, you've broken it, you snapped it. So I didn't walk for two and a half years and then it was just lovely being Mummy. And I had lots of phone calls for work, but I went from size four to a size 18 because I just couldn't move. It wasn't like I was eating cakes or anything. I just couldn't move. I literally was on the sofa six months. I had baby on my back, like an African woman, and I would crawl to get baby stuff and say, he was catered for. It was an experience, but it made me appreciate people in wheelchairs, because when you're not in a wheelchair, you don't understand. But when you're in a wheelchair and you're just trying to go down the pavements and things like that, there are so many things that you can't get into, like restaurants and shops and things like that. The doorways are too small, or there's bumps and things like that. So, yeah, it made me sympathize a lot with wheelchair users. That was the positive.
Martin: That'S this accessibility and so on. And there you have it on the Internet, also to be able to read things on the net and also to listen to music and podcasts. We'll talk more about your song, where you had also, like, a club remix of a band. Could you tell a little bit about that?
Maria: There are loads of club mixes out there from wonderful people. I've never met or never heard of or celeb DJs also. But I found one a couple of days ago that I've added onto my website, which is absolutely banging. It's so strong. I love it. I played it to my children in the car and they were dancing about in the car. I love that people just take your music and just flip it and twist it and do their own creativity. That's the joy about music. I just love it. And yeah, you mentioned silver disc. We got a silver disc and a gold disc with every time you need me. And what happened was last year it got put on Love Island UK. Excuse me, my voice is going, Love Island UK. And I didn't know anything about it. And Fragment had been trying to contact me for the past couple of years, but I changed my number, I've moved, blah, blah. So then they just released it and then I had a lot of messages on my phone like, oh my gosh, your song is playing Love Island UK. And I'm like, what? No, I don't have anything out. I don't know what you're talking about. And then I checked it, okay? And then it's funny how the Internet helps you because then on my new Twitter, I basically put, oh, thank you so much for having me on your show, blah, blah. And then I hashtag Fragma, and then Fragma found me from that tweet and then we started conversing again and they were like, We've been trying to find you for years. I'm like oh, my God. I'm so sorry.
Martin: That's good.
Maria: Yeah, we're talking about doing another song together, which I think would be really lovely for the rubies out there and for people out there. Yeah, I mean, club mixes for me are the best because they're played in clubs and people can really have a good dance with them because they're faster and they're stronger.
Martin: Yeah, that's good. And I have some ideas that maybe it could be interesting for you and the management and others, and that's how you could support artists directly, also with something called the Value for Value model bits of bitcoin called Satoshis. And also that you could send like a boostogram or telegram and give your appreciation and thank you note to the artist. I will include that in show notes. It's one project called The Music Side Project and another called Wave Lake WA v. Lake. And it's interesting to see because back in the day when the record companies and the stores selling vinyls and now it's streaming mostly, but also it's interesting to see that, as you said, the DDA coming back and they are mixing and they are using the old records again. But it must be a challenge as an artist to get the royalties and get the streaming, as you said, and also when it's concerts and merchandise and all this kind of thing. So I think that we'll see new alternatives and new ways. And also to give like credit, as you said, if you have every individually in the chain, it could be, as you said, the remixes, it could be studio musicians, it could be marketing, it could be album art, could be lyrics, et cetera, et cetera.
Maria: Yeah, definitely. I think that's a wonderful idea.
Martin: Yeah. And now you are bilingual also. I have heard you talking in French in one song, but also Spanish, right? Yeah, Spanish radio station the other day.
Maria: I speak more than two languages. I love languages. I'm currently learning Mandarin and I'm revising my Italian. There's Kiara. I don't know if you know, she's extremely famous in the fashion world. I've been listening to her on Netflix. She's got a documentary out in Italian and then I've got my subtitles. And it's so funny how when I was in the bath, I was just singing in Italian and all the Italian words coming back. So I love languages. I'm not keen on maths, but I love languages.
Martin: That's great. So when you come up with, as I said, the song and lyrics, could you then tell about the latest one? As I said, the pieces of a puzzle there.
Maria: Pieces Of My Life is a song that was written by David, who for me is a talented producer and okay, he co wrote it with some other guys, but he's the only guy that I met. So it's a very clever song. It's a beautiful song. For me, it's the number one, not because I'm singing the vocals on it, but because without Just as, it is just a demo, it's the number one hit. And I think it should be in films, I think it should be in adverts, because it's just such a lovely song. When I got sent it, my big boy, Brandon said, wow, Mum, that is the best song you've received in years. And I said, I totally agree. I need to get into the studio and get the vocals down on that because it's so lovely. So that's out Pieces of My Life and obviously on Spotify Artists and on all the other social platforms. And then Eye of the Storm, also written by David, is out now. So Pieces of My Life is more of a pop ballad, but the club mixes are really cool as well. And then you've got either Storm, that's more of a pop, which is really good song that gets you going, like when you're in the car. And club mixes are coming out with that already as well, which is good. And then we've got the Every Time You Need Me 2022 track, which is lovely, the one that got played on Love Island UK. So, yes, we got those at the moment. And then we've got the others, obviously, because it's mad. They're coming back, like I said, Forever in a Day, it's gone viral on TikTok. So that's the beauty of music. There's no limit to you play a track and then it will just be liked by a certain person and it gets played. And that's why I love music so much.
Martin: It's funny when you said that word no Limit, I listened to Two Unlimited and the song no Limit the other day and it's funny to see them there in a way, maybe some other singers and so on. I think Anita was one of the earlier about the band and they are touring and it's interesting. And same thing like with Rosala that I have had on my podcast here, yonatandal arranged. She had been in business for is it over 30 years now.
Maria: I met her at I can't remember where we were because, you know, you go to so many events, but we were in a VIP area. All I remember is this. And then there was a guy who had like black trousers, white shirt and then a black waistcoat. So I thought the waiter. So I sat next to Rosala and I was like I asked the guy if he would give me a drink. Rosala started laughing and she goes, do you know who that is? The waiter? And she goes, That's Jason Donovan. You've just asked him to get you a drink.
Martin: What's a good one.
Maria: What? Oh, no. Oh my God. What happened? He doesn't look the same. And that's when he was going through a bit of a tough time, let's put it that way. Which he would admit himself. And I said I thought he was the waiter. And Rosalis died laughing ahead off. And Elton John comes in and I go, I can't believe I've just asked Jason Donovan thinking he was a waiter, to go and get me a lemonade. And Elton John was laughing his head off. And then Jason Donovan comes back with the lemonade and he goes, oh, here you go. And I go, I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I literally thought you were a waiter. I didn't recognize you with your hair like that. And he goes, he took it really funny. But I said, oh my gosh, what a nice man to literally go and get me. That was a little funny story that I'll never forget.
Martin: Yeah, that's a funny story. That's good. Do you have any other stories to share? And then also, of course, tell about your future plans.
Maria: Oh my God, there are so many. When I met I did a gig somewhere with Tina Turner. I was like, wow. Tina Turner. And what happened was she performed and then another two artists performed and then I performed and then my music stopped, the backdrop fell onto my dancers. It was like and I carried on singing. I was singing like a bella because everything just turned itself off and nothing was working and the stage was falling. And Tina Turner came up to me after in a VIP room. She goes, well done. I said, oh, thank you so much. I thought I was going to get educated or something, because it was all going wrong. She laughed her head off. But there are so many things that you have. There's also people who actually love themselves and sign autographs. They will just stay in the VIP area and they won't sign autographs. I don't like people like that at all, because those people that want you to sign the autographs, they're the people buying your music. Yeah, there's a lot of people that I've met like that, who I once I've worked out that they absolutely love themselves and they think they're special. I sort of don't really associate myself with them, do you know what I mean? I just hang around with the nice people, and it's normally the A listers that are the nice people, and it's the Z Listers that are an absolute nightmare. And London, I had a lovely, beautiful dressing room next to Jennifer Lopez, and this artist who just come onto the scene, had the TV and papers and stuff like that, no names, just was like, oh, yeah, dressing room is too small. And I was thinking what? So I said, you know what? You can have my dressing room. I'm just going to get changed in the toilets. And I have people with me who just looked at me in shock to say, what? And I was like, yeah, I can literally get changed in the toilets. It's absolutely no problem at all. Got changed, came out, got my hair and makeup done in another room. Stylist did whatever she did and I went on stage. And that's how I think it should be. Not this attitude of demanding this and demanding that. It's just what is on the rider. There was a famous rock and roll group, very famous, who wanted certain colors.
Martin: Of M and M. Yeah, I'm reading your mind. I was thinking of it also. Yeah. What is that list call that you give?
Maria: And I was literally at this event and these people wanted that, and this poor person, this runner, was taken out, the M, and there's so many things like that. Oh, they want the temperature, they want the color of the walls different, painted. And I literally would just have a kettle. I'd have some hot water and some honey, and that'd be it. And a towel, and that be it. And I said, if you don't have any of that, don't worry about it, I'll bring it. And that's how I think you should be. I think you should appreciate the journey and not think you're a king or a queen, because there's a lot of egos that goes about, and I think with social media as well, because everyone's taking selfies and filming this and filming that, there's too many egos, do you know what I mean? And it's just a job. And I think most people, special people, are people like doctors who save lives. They're the. People that should be praised. Not a pop star and definitely not a footballer.
Martin: Yeah. And when we could talk about that, you're on this ego show now called Ego net cost. But I see it as a philosophical meaning. Like ego I am. And you have to understand your true self. But I hear what you're saying. It's lots of people out there that maybe don't have their own self. It's only a surface and so on. And footballer, we could joke about that because of the soccer thing. And I'm not so much into sports, but I like American football. And there you see the coach is doing the strategy and the teams, and they know the different position and division of labor, but it could be very hyped and hoarse. But it's interesting to see what's going on. So, what's next on your journey, Maria?
Maria: Okay, so obviously we've got the tracks at now and then they get in played, as I said, on Miami Music Week, on stages, several stages at Miami Music Week and after parties, which is phenomenal. I've got a film that I'm filming. It's an anime film in Canada. So done the script reading, which takes hours and hours and hours. At the end of it, you're so, like, are we done yet? Not yet. Okay, let's do some more and then.
Martin: We could export it to Mexico. Right. Menu it will be correct listing.
Maria: Yeah, imagine that. So we got the film, we've got more tracks obviously coming out. And the pressure is on for me to look a certain way, because don't forget, I was a size four before, so that's a UK size. So at the moment I'm a UK size ten. Because I've just enjoyed life and I've just enjoyed being normal and being a mom. Yeah, thanks. But now the pressure nobody's asking me to, but for me, because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to image and always look your best and always your best. So, yeah, I'm in the gym twice a day now.
Martin: Do you take some rest also between the gym?
Maria: Right, I just rest. No, because my big boy tells me to do that. You're right. But no, I'm doing more cardio just to burn and for fitness because of stage. So it's really important. I cannot just stand there, Martin, and just sing. I have to move. And because of my BPM on, my music is so fast. You obviously have to move fast. So the dancing is quick. I have to get my cardio up, which is good. I performed at UK Glamour Awards recently and I wasn't out of breath, so that's a good thing. So I'm doing the right thing in the gym.
Martin: Good to hear.
Maria: Thank you.
Martin: Yeah, well, that's great. And you have to then send me later on things so we could promote this podcast episode in the future in different ways. So it was great to talk to you. And thanks again to Yonat and all for reaching out and arranging this. And thanks for your team there and the management and others. So, is it anything else you want to say, like shout out or something else about the cyberspace there or the music industry that you want to shout.
Maria: Out to your listeners? Love your country, I love your people, I love your food. You guys, to me, are one of the nicest people in the world.
Martin: I say I am an American in spirit, but I hear you. And have you been in Sweden?
Maria: Yes, whereabout a lot of people think I'm Swedish and they used to speak to me in Scandinavian, like Henry Maria, when you're plugging music and you're going here, there and everywhere. I didn't get to visit your country and I really want to visit it instead of going from the plane to the hotel to the state to the hotel back on the plane. But everybody were really friendly to me and the Danish as well. They are so kind. I think people from up north are really, really friendly.
Martin: Maybe because it's a bit close. We have a bond and relation to United Kingdom and England and whatnot, so of course it's close by.
Maria: Do you ski?
Martin: No, I do off to ski. I don't ski. Yeah, do you ski?
Maria: Yeah, I love skiing. I love the snow.
Martin: Like snowboarding or downhill?
Maria: No, see, I want to learn to snowboard. I've never done it. Skiing, literally skiing. I got stuck on the black pist.
Martin: Which is because I was not sounds dangerous.
Maria: Yeah, exactly. Martin. I wasn't good enough to get onto the black slopes, but I went on there by accident, so ended up just sliding down at the bottom.
Martin: I hope you had a helmet then.
Maria: No, that's the thing, I didn't have a helmet on, but definitely when I go skiing again, I will put a helmet on.
Martin: Good wet. You have to be safe. I have a friend who is really from Hungary now he's in Spain and I see some of his videos and what he's doing when he is doing snowboarding. It looks very fascinating.
Maria: Yeah, you got fast.
Martin: So what's happening in your area, then? Where you are located? Of course, you are a traveler. Any highlights from there on your locals? Do you have performances and gigs nearby also?
Maria: Yes, I've got a company that is arranging, you know, where they do the radio plugin, the club tours, the circuit in England, so we're doing the circuit in the UK and then obviously all over. And I don't know if you know that I have a radio show that I do with ABC, which is the biggest American radio show in America. It's massive. And I with a guy called Aaron and I'm the show biz host. Yeah, thanks. I love it.
Martin: Could you listen to that online, or.
Maria: Is it yeah, literally, I mean, it's on ABC, but also it's on YouTube. If you just literally Google Maria Rubia, aaron Sanchez ABC it'll come up or Maria Rubia radio show will come up. But yeah, it's really nice because you get the vibe from what's going on in America and what's gone on in the world. I just love radio. I think it's just amazing. Even me in my car, I can tune into somebody some radio station abroad and I love that.
Martin: Great podcast for since 2006. I started this one.
Maria: Wow. How many listeners do you have?
Martin: Yeah, that's a good question. I will send you the stats when I get that question. I want to have it in perspective because people listen to big TV shows or radio services and so on. Do you know what the average or download per episode of all the podcasts out there? And it's listed like 4 million, maybe 500,000 are active. But do you know the average download for the podcast out there? No, it's like about 150 downloads and that maybe doesn't sound much, but it's like an active choice that I want to listen to this episode here with Maria and plug your earphones in your ears and listen. So I often say that think if you would have like 150 people in a room listen to you and listen to the conversation so I could have that 150 individuals, you don't know exactly who it is and in a way it's good with privacy. But of course if they reach out and get comments and you could share what I was talking about, how you could be supported by Boostograms and Telegrams like this podcast in 2.0. I really look forward to that in the future so you could spread the good word. It's a small show, it's a philosophical show and also now with artists and so on. But I've been doing it for a long time and I have several podcasts in different topics and different areas and also helping individuals and companies and brands to start their podcast. It's great to hear that you're liking a radio or on radio. So we have to exchange ideas and information about that also.
Maria: Yeah, well, send me your links and I'll promote your podcasters to the Max.
Martin: Yeah, wow, thanks. I appreciate that.
Maria: Well, thank you having me on your on your podcast. I really appreciate it.
Martin: Yeah, and thanks for taking your time and we'll talk soon again, Maria.
Maria: So thank you.
Martin: Do you have any ending fort notes or something like that?
Maria: Please download my songs and enjoy. They have different meanings for different people. So one person may cry when they listen to song, another person may dance. Yeah, I think that's the best interpretation for a song. It can have different meanings to different people, which I think is really cool. So thank you so much for your time and thank you so much for having me on your amazing podcast and you've been really lovely.
Martin: Interviewing thank you for your kind words. And I say call to action. Download a new podcast app on newpodcastapps.com or podcastapps.com.
Maria: Okay.
Martin: Listen to this episode and yeah, spread the good word. So thanks again, Maria.
Maria: Thank you, our ram.