Steve: All right, everybody, a quick four-word plot to start us off. What movie is this? Lonely Robot Finds Plant.
Lovella: Ooh, WALL-E?
Steve: Correct.
Lovella: Welcome to Kids Are Us Parents. I'm Lovella.
Steve: And I'm Steve.
Lovella: This is the family trivia battle where the backseat takes on the front seat.
Steve: And today we're playing Guess the Plot, and it is our Pixar Movies Edition. Ooh,
Lovella: fun
Steve: Fun How we play Guess the Plot We'll each give the other person four words that describe the plot of a Pixar movie And we have to guess which one it is Okay And you have brought in a Pixar expert to join you today, right Lovella? I have Who is it?
Milo: Milo Hi, how you doing?
Steve: Milo, your brother Hi Milo Good to have you here Have you watched a lot of Pixar movies?
Milo: Yes
Steve: How many? Probably like 20 20? Have you watched all of them? I don't think so Which Pixar movie is your favorite?
Milo: Which one?
Steve: Is there too many to decide? Come on, surely.
Milo: Probably Cars.
Steve: Probably Cars, yeah. That's a good one. You joined us for the Cars episode a little while back, right? Yes. All right. Okay, how do you think you guys are going to fare at Pixar, Lovella?
Lovella: I think we're going to do good, right, Milo? Yes.
Steve: All right, well, what is the prize? What are we playing for today? Milo, do you know what today's prize is?
Milo: Yes. The winner becomes Boss of the House for 10 minutes.
Steve: Wow, I'm already boss of the house.
Milo: Well, you won't be for 10 minutes if we win.
Steve: Oh, right. Okay, so I just have to win. This is more of a defensive episode for me.
Lovella: What are we going to do, Milo, if we do win? What are we going to boss Dad around for? To get us.
Steve: No, I know. You're going to pay some bills for me, right?
Lovella: No.
Steve: Do some laundry?
Milo: No.
Steve: Cook me a meal?
Milo: No.
Steve: What are you going to do then?
Milo: You have to take us to two ice cream shops.
Steve: Oh, wow. Two ice cream shops? I can't do that in 10 minutes. Too bad. All right. Milo, would you like to go first today? Yes. Okay. All right. Let's put the kids up first. Here we go, kids. Here are your movies. Guessing the plot. Here we go. Plot number one. Tiny Chef Proves Talent.
Lovella: Ooh, Tiny Chef Proves Talent? What do you think that is, Milo? I think it might be Ratatouille.
Steve: You think? Tiny Chef?
Lovella: I think so too.
Steve: You are correct. Ratatouille.
Lovella: Yes, let's go, Milo.
Steve: Nice.
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: Well done. All right. Plot number two. I think I'm going to have a hard time beating you guys today.
Lovella: Aha.
Steve: Two heads versus one isn't fair. Anyway. All right. Plot number two. College monsters chase dreams.
Lovella: College Monsters Chase Dreams I think I might know
Milo: College Monsters
Lovella: I think it's Monsters Inc but it's the second movie what is it is it Monsters Inc. University or just Monsters University I think it's Monsters University
Steve: so the second Monsters
Lovella: the second Monsters movie
Steve: movie. Is that what you think too, Milo?
Lovella: Sure.
Steve: You're correct. Yes,
Lovella: let's go.
Steve: Yes. Okay. You've got a leak there, Milo. We've got to plug that. Okay. All right. Plot number three. Grumpy man finds friendship. do you know milo because i think i know grumpy man finds friendship milo you think you want to confer with your sister no yeah i think it's up too you agree yeah yep you're right. Well done. All right. I'm really going to have to find some hard ones here.
Lovella: Oh, there's no way.
Steve: I can't beat you guys, can I? All right, here we go. Plot number four. Boy meets skeleton family.
Lovella: Boy meets skeleton family?
Steve: Yeah, boy meets skeleton family. Milo, do you have any ideas? Coco? You sure? Yes. Why do you think that? Is there skeletons in that one?
Milo: Yes, there's a lot of skeletons.
Steve: Yeah? Yes, it's Coco.
Milo: Yay!
Steve: Yes. Okay, Milo, what was your score? Four out of four. Ah, nice. Well done. All right, we call that a clean sweep. Well done, Milo. Clean sweep for you. All right. Who's up next then?
Lovella: It is the adults.
Steve: Parents time.
Lovella: All right. Are you ready, Dad?
Steve: I'm ready. Parents, here we go. Pixar plots.
Milo: Plot number one. Parenthood requires letting go.
Steve: okay parenthood requires letting go parenthood requires letting go this is a hard one this is a pixar movie yes parenthood requires letting go um parenthood requires letting go is it toy stories no that's not right parenthood requires letting go so it's a parents letting their kids go and do
Lovella: something i can't think of a pixar movie that's that theme just think of it it's not exactly letting go but it's like being a parent is like you have to you're watching out for your kid and everything right yeah but parenthood like think of that as in like maybe they're letting go of like watching after them or something right not literally letting them is this finding nemo
Steve: you are correct ah yeah finding nemo yes of course that was a very cryptic clue but good very very good. I can see these are going to be a lot harder for me. Okay. That's all right. That's what it's supposed to be. Harder questions for the parents, easier ones for the kids.
Lovella: All right. Plot number two. Family duty challenges individuality.
Steve: family duty challenges individuality boy that's tough family duty challenges individuality um okay these are really hard four words my goodness um okay family duty what's a movie what's a pixar movie about family duty what was it family duty challenges individuality individuality um man i don't know what is this one oh um no wait um family family uh yes okay um The Incredibles. The Incredibles are a family. Is that right?
Milo: Yes.
Steve: Yes. I was racking my brain over all the family Pixar movies, like that center around a family. And then I got Incredibles. Yes. All right. Boy, that was hard.
Milo: Plot number three. Jazz teacher becomes spirit.
Steve: Oh, okay. This is Sol, right? The jazz teacher. He dies and then he becomes a spirit.
Milo: You are correct.
Steve: Yes. All right.
Lovella: We need to give you a harder one. Alright, slot number four. Half-Father Magical Quest.
Steve: Half-Father Magical Quest? What? Like a stepfather one? I'm not telling you. Is there a stepfather one? Are you trying to trick? Oh, no. You know. Oh, you're being literal half-father. That's, um, what's the one with, oh, Chris Pratt is in this one. He's voicing this one. They go on the quest. Oh, what's it called? Onward. Is that right? You are correct.
Lovella: Yes.
Steve: Good job. All right.
Lovella: So we're all four from four.
Steve: Are we? We know our Pixar movies. Yeah. Four from four clean sweeps across the board. All right. That means, Milo, what are we going to have to go to? Tie break around. That's right. We need a tie break around. Okay. So if it's a tie in your car or if it's not, it can just be a bonus question worth two points. First team to guess the plot from the clues wins. If you get it wrong, though, you lose. So make sure you get it right. All right. Shall we go?
Lovella: Yep.
Steve: All right. I'll read this one out. I don't know the answer. I just have the clues in front of me. Here we go. Bonus tiebreaker plot. Emotions learn to work.
Milo: Buzz.
Steve: Okay, you got it. Milo, do you think you know?
Milo: Yes.
Steve: What do you think it is?
Milo: Inside out. Yeah, you got it right.
Steve: Well done. Yeah, we win, Milo. Kids win Pixar round. Well done. All right, good job, everybody. I'm supposed to find out. That means you get to be boss of the house for 10 minutes. All right. I'm not looking forward to that 10 minutes. Well, thank you, Milo, for coming and joining us for Kids vs. Parents today. Did you have fun?
Milo: Yes.
Steve: Good. All right. Milo, what do they have to do if they want to suggest the topic?
Lovella: Click the link in the show notes. And then we might feature your idea in a future episode.
Steve: Thanks for playing Kids vs. Parents. See you next time.
Lovella: Bye.
Steve: Bye.