Steve: Okay, quick four-word plot to start us off. Which board game is this? Tiny houses earn money.
Lovella: Oh, that's gotta be Monopoly.
Steve: Correct. Collect $200.
Lovella: Welcome to Kids vs. Parents. This is the trivia podcast where there are four questions for the kids and four tougher ones for the parents. I'm Lovella.
Steve: And I'm Steve. Today, we are playing Four Word Plot, and our theme is board games. This episode was requested by Lovella. Your sister, Bonnie, requested this, along with Laurel from New York, New York.
Lovella: Oh, thank you, Bonnie and Laurel.
Steve: That's right.
Lovella: This is very exciting.
Steve: So we play a lot of board games. We do. Family board games, so this will be a fun one. We got a bunch. Four Word Plot. We're going to give you four cryptic clues that describe the gameplay or the plot of a board game, and you have to guess which one it is. All right. What does the winner get today, Lovella?
Lovella: Today, the prize for the winner, they get to pick the next family board game.
Steve: Of course they do. So they get family board game choice. What will you pick if you win this?
Lovella: There's a lot of great options. I do like my Disney trivia board games or even like the What Do You Meme game or Monopoly.
Steve: Yeah.
Lovella: Some of the classic ones.
Steve: I am picking Monopoly, but we have a Muppets-themed Monopoly that none of my kids ever want to play. No, please. So if I win this, we are playing Muppets Monopoly. Yes.
Lovella: I better win this.
Steve: Before we get into the game, a little teaser for the end of the episode. We've got an announcement to make about the rest of the month. So stick around for that. Stick around. We've got something exciting to share. It's pretty big. That's right. All right, who's going to go first then, Lovella?
Lovella: Today, it's going to be the parents.
Steve: Parents up first. I love it.
Lovella: All right. Plot number one. Railroads unite distant empires.
Steve: Okay. This is, um, what's the game? It's the train game. We have it. What's it called? Ah! No, Ticket to Ride. You are correct. Ticket to Ride. That is a fun, flamely game. I like that one.
Lovella: I'm not a big fan of that one. You don't like that one? No, it's kind of boring.
Steve: Too much strategy for you?
Lovella: I like fun, you know.
Steve: It's just boring. Trains are boring?
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: And railroads?
Lovella: Whatever, whatever.
Steve: Okay, not a favorite. I like that one.
Lovella: All right, plot number two. Naval secrecy meets probability.
Steve: Naval secrecy meets probability. Oh, okay. Naval, that's battleships. That is. Correct. Yes. Come on, you got to give me some harder ones. I'm good with board games. Keep them coming.
Lovella: Okay. All right. Plot number three. Negotiation determines global domination.
Steve: Negotiation determines global domination.
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: Big words. Is this Risk? Is this Risk, the board game Risk? I haven't played Risk before. What was it again?
Lovella: Negotiation determines global domination.
Steve: Negotiation determines global domination. I don't know. I'm going to say Risk is my guess because I don't really know any other board games that are like this.
Lovella: That is correct.
Steve: Oh, yes. Nice. What?
Lovella: This is actually annoying. Okay.
Steve: I'm going for a clean sweeper.
Lovella: All right, here we go. Plot number four. Vocabulary becomes competitive warfares.
Steve: this is pretty simple yeah this is um scrabble correct yes nice one okay four out of four four out of four. Clean sweep. Here we go. I would want to hope I know my board games. All right, kids. It's your turn next. Get your dice. Here we go. All right, kids. Plot number one. Last card causes panic.
Lovella: Last card causes panic. Oh, that's Uno.
Steve: Correct. Yes. Nice. Well done. All right. You got this? Okay. Yeah. Feeling good now?
Lovella: A little bit.
Steve: All right. You're one on the board.
Lovella: All right. Here we go. Just give me the next question.
Steve: Just give me the next one?
Lovella: Just give me the next one.
Steve: All right. Here we go. Plot number two. Fast chomping wins marbles.
Lovella: Fast Chomping Wins Marbles Oh, that's the hippo game It's called Hungry Hungry Hippos Correct Yes I loved playing that game I know That was so fun Wasn't that a fun game? You just got to smash like the thing And you're just trying to get all those like balls, marbles
Steve: You just take your hanger out on a hippo's tail I love it Just chomp chomp chomp chomp I'm so angry at this hippo. Eat more marbles. Okay, moving on. Moving on, yeah. Okay, plot number three. Guests solve mansion murder.
Lovella: I know this one. It's Clue. I love this game.
Steve: Yeah.
Lovella: It's so fun.
Steve: Did you know in Australia, I think it's called Cluedo? Cluedo? Cluedo. Clue. Cluedo.
Lovella: Cluedo.
Steve: I grew up calling it Cluedo.
Lovella: I love playing Cluedo. It's just so fun.
Steve: You're trying to figure out something before everyone else. Yeah.
Lovella: Yeah. That's a great game. I love that one.
Steve: Mr. Green did it in the lounge room with the dagger.
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: Yeah. Who's your favorite character?
Lovella: Probably Miss Scarlet.
Steve: Oh, yeah. Miss Scarlet. Yeah. She's a good one.
Lovella: Miss Scarlet.
Steve: I always like Mr. Green.
Lovella: In the dining room with the wrench.
Steve: Oh, goodness. Dun, dun, dun.
Lovella: No, I usually win most of the clue games.
Steve: Do you? I do. That's why you like the game.
Lovella: Yeah, I like to win.
Steve: All right, plot number four. Here we go. Last one, Lovella. You've got everything right so far, just like me. I've got to try and stump you. Okay. Players guess hidden faces.
Lovella: oh that's an easy one guess who ah yes yes ah well done you get four as well so that's a clean
Steve: sweep which means tiebreaker time okay or it could be a bonus question in your car if you just need to get a couple extra points we usually make the bonus question worth two points first team to buzz in with the correct answer wins the points. Here we go. Lovella, do you want to read this one out? Sure. Okay. Read out our bonus tiebreaker plot. Okay. Bonus tiebreaker plot.
Lovella: Steady hands. Avoid buzzing.
Steve: Buzz. Oh, yeah. That's, um. Yep. I know it. What is it, Lovella? I got it. Operation.
Lovella: Operation. Operation. I got that. You got it. Well done.
Steve: For a second, I was thinking it was Jenga, steady hands. That's kind of where I went to immediately.
Lovella: But then when you hear avoid buzzing, you're like, oh, what a patient.
Steve: And then there's another game called Kaplunk, too, where you have to pull sticks out and marbles fall down. I thought that was the other one that jumped into my head. I played that game? That's fun. I like that one. Because you have to be really slow and steady hands.
Lovella: Yeah, you have to be really careful.
Steve: But there's no buzzing.
Lovella: Well done.
Steve: You won it. Good job. Congratulations. Oh, yeah. That means you avoid Muppets Monopoly. Ha ha. Man, I'll have to play that another time.
Lovella: Or never. We're never playing that.
Steve: Oh, bummer. Before we wrap up, we have a very important announcement.
Lovella: Next week, we start our Disney series.
Steve: That's right. That means for the rest of the month, right? The rest of the month of June, we are going to be doing Disney themed episodes.
Lovella: Yeah, we've got Disneyland trivia, Disney villains, Bluey, Disney TV shows, and maybe even Toy Story.
Steve: Because Toy Story comes out this month too. I know. How exciting.
Lovella: Yes.
Steve: so if your family loves Disney theme parks maybe maybe you love Disney villains or talking dogs or talking toys either way there should be something for you in this next month I think
Lovella: personally that the kids are gonna like smash these episodes right kids come on you're probably
Steve: right except us parents we know probably more about Toy Story than you I feel like just because we yeah most of us parents have you know we've been training for this since 1995 we've been researching Toy Story since then. So I think we've got that one.
Lovella: I don't think people have researched Toy Story.
Steve: Oh, yeah, they have.
Lovella: Okay. So if you're not already, follow the show so you can get ready for the happiest battle on Earth. That's right. We'll see you next week for Disney Month. Woo! Thanks for listening. Bye.