Steve: Okay, a quick Moana question to start us off. What color is Tefiti's heart?
Lovella: Ooh, green.
Steve: Correct. Yes.
Lovella: Welcome to Kids vs. Parents. This is the family trivia battle with four questions for the kids
Steve: and four tougher ones for the parents. I'm Steve.
Lovella: And I'm Lovella. Today, we're playing Moana trivia. Yay! We decided to do this episode because the Moana live action comes out this week.
Steve: That's right.
Lovella: Very exciting.
Steve: Yeah. We're very excited to see that one. Be a fun one. You have been a big fan of Moana, right?
Lovella: Oh, yeah. I love Moana. She's one of my favorite princesses.
Steve: Dressed up as her for Halloween one time, right?
Lovella: Yes. Our first Halloween here in the United States.
Steve: Yeah.
Lovella: Yeah. And my little sister, Bonnie, she was hey, hey. And we had a whole boat and everything.
Steve: Loved it.
Lovella: It was great.
Steve: It was a lot of fun. A lot of fun. And this episode was suggested by Ray and Cern from Bangkok, Thailand.
Lovella: Oh, thank you. That's right.
Steve: And if you want to suggest an episode, there's a link in the show notes. You can do the same thing. Thank you to Ray and Cern. We hope you have fun playing Moana Trivia with us today.
Lovella: Yes. By the way, we're just going to mention this, that we are so sorry if we end up mispronouncing your names. Yes. But we just go off of...
Steve: How it's written.
Lovella: How it's written.
Steve: That's right. All right. What's the prize for the Moana Trivia today, Lovella?
Lovella: Today, the prize is the winner gets the best seat for movie night. Okay.
Steve: They get to choose where to sit.
Lovella: Okay.
Steve: The most cushions too. Most comfortable position.
Lovella: Oh, yeah. Closest to the TV. If mum was playing this and she won, she'd probably just take all the pillows.
Steve: You think?
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: She likes a good pillow, doesn't she?
Lovella: She likes a good pillow.
Steve: Okay. Who goes first today, Lovella?
Lovella: Let's do the kids.
Steve: All right, kids. Moana trivia for you. You're up first. Okay. Up on your boat. Here we go. Question. number one. What song does Maui sing to Moana?
Lovella: You're welcome.
Steve: I didn't do anything for you.
Lovella: No, Dad. That's the name of the song. You're welcome.
Steve: That's the name of the song. You are correct. Yes. You're welcome. Um, no.
Lovella: It's a good one.
Steve: It is. All right. Good one on the board.
Lovella: All right.
Steve: Question number two. What is the name of Moana's sister?
Lovella: Oh, geez. No. I don't know.
Steve: It's from Moana 2. I got you from Moana 2.
Lovella: It's, I don't know this.
Steve: Good. That gives me a chance to win.
Lovella: It's like, I feel like it's something with an L, like a Leilani or something. Okay. That just doesn't sound right. I don't know.
Steve: You don't know?
Lovella: I don't know.
Steve: You're going to go with Leilani as your guess? Sure. It's not bad. It's kind of Hawaiian. Yeah. It's got a Polynesian sound to it. Yeah. You are incorrect. It is not Leilani, but that was a good guess. The answer is Samia.
Lovella: Samia.
Steve: Yeah. Samia.
Lovella: Yeah, I did.
Steve: She only shows up in Moana 2.
Lovella: Yeah. I have watched Moana 2 a couple times, but like it didn't stick. Her name did not stick in my brain.
Steve: No, and she's only really in, she's not in it a lot.
Lovella: She's not in a crazy amount, but like she's cute.
Steve: All right. Question number three. What does Moana's name mean in the Polynesian language? I'll give you a multiple choice. Okay. You ready? A, warrior. B, ocean, C, star, or D, island? What does Moana's name mean in Polynesian? Can you say the options? I can say them again. Warrior, ocean, star, or island? What do you think? you probably don't know the answer to this so you're going to have to just guess it.
Lovella: I want to say warrior or ocean because that just sounds the most moaning.
Steve: Okay.
Lovella: I don't, for some reason I don't think they'd make it ocean. I'm going to say warrior.
Steve: You're going to say warrior?
Lovella: Yeah.
Steve: You are incorrect.
Lovella: It was ocean, wasn't it? It was ocean.
Steve: Yes. It was ocean.
Lovella: I shouldn't have trusted my gut.
Steve: Well, you should have trusted your, didn't you say your gut, oh no, your gut said not to do the ocean.
Lovella: Yeah, I shouldn't have trusted my gut.
Steve: Don't listen to your gut. It doesn't know anything about Moana.
Lovella: This is not going good for me.
Steve: It's not going good for you. I think you're going to get this one now. You ready? Okay. Question number four. Last one. Finish this line. I am Moana of Mota Nui. You will board my boat.
Lovella: Sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
Steve: Sure.
Lovella: Say it again.
Steve: Say it all in one big line for me.
Lovella: I am Moana of Mata Nui. You will board my boat. Sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
Steve: Correct.
Lovella: Yeah. You got it.
Steve: Well done.
Lovella: Yeah. All right.
Steve: Nice. Okay. So that's, you came back at the end there. You got.
Lovella: Two out of four. This is sad. No, it's okay. I love Moana.
Steve: I know, but I gave you some tricky ones.
Lovella: Yeah, you did.
Steve: All right. Parents, you're up next with some Moana trivia. I don't know when the last time I watched Moana was a long time ago. So I don't know how I'm going to do with this one.
Lovella: All right, here we go. Question number one. What is the name of Moana's pet pig?
Steve: oh the pig the pig um okay so it's um i think it's pua it's hey hey or pua And I think Pua is the peak, right?
Lovella: Are you sure?
Steve: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I'm like 98% sure.
Lovella: No, 2%. You're 2% not sure.
Steve: Yeah, I'm 2% not sure.
Lovella: You're correct.
Steve: Yes. Dang it. Nice. All right. One on the board.
Lovella: All right. Question number two. Who wrote the music for Moana?
Steve: um the first movie just the first movie oh yes okay yes um it was lin-manuel miranda
Lovella: yes
Steve: yes he's such a good writer
Lovella: he is so good I know I feel like I didn't like Moana 2 as much because he wasn't he didn't write the music for Moana 2
Steve: yeah
Lovella: because he was he was working on Mufasa at the time
Steve: oh was he
Lovella: yeah he was writing music for Mufasa which is a good movie
Steve: that also has some good songs too in it yeah
Lovella: you can also just any song that he writes you can so tell it's his song because he's got this kind of like
Steve: I know
Lovella: pattern in his songs I liked Vivo oh Vivo
Steve: He wrote that as well. We should do a Lin-Manuel Miranda episode.
Lovella: Oh, yes.
Steve: Shouldn't we?
Lovella: Okay. It's in the list now.
Steve: We should do a lyrics. Oh, we should do a guess the lyrics from Lin-Manuel Miranda. That would be a good one. That would be fun. Because there's so many options. Okay, that's going in the list, guys. It's coming up.
Lovella: It's coming up.
Steve: Sorry, I've taken a detour there from Milano to work out our next episode.
Lovella: Sorry, we just love you, Lin. Okay, anyways.
Steve: Back to the quiz.
Lovella: Okay, question number three. Which song from Moana received an Oscar nomination for best original song?
Steve: Okay. So, this is Lin-Manuel Miranda again.
Lovella: Obviously.
Steve: Yeah, I don't know if he won it. Obviously not. If you're telling me which one he was nominated for. So they didn't win. Which one was it? So he did. What was the main song from that? What is it? It's. I'm just humming it. How far I go. How far I'll go. Yes. That's my answer.
Lovella: Correct.
Steve: Yes. Nice. Okay.
Lovella: Last question. Here we go. The actress that plays Moana in the live action film, Catherine Lagaya.
Steve: Okay.
Lovella: Where is she originally from?
Steve: Oh, okay. Um, so it's probably, is it like, it's probably one of these Polynesian islands. Um, I'm going to guess Samoa. I'm going to guess Samoa or is it Fiji? I don't really know. I'm having a guess here. I'm going to say Samoa.
Lovella: You are incorrect.
Steve: Oh.
Lovella: She's actually from Australia.
Steve: Oh, is she really? Yes.
Lovella: She's an Australian. She's an Aussie like us.
Steve: Right. Oh, that's cool. Oh, nice. I didn't know that. There you go.
Lovella: Very cool.
Steve: Okay, cool. Okay, so quick score check before we go into our tiebreaker or bonus round. Lovella, you are on? Two out of four. And I am on three out of four. So I'm just in front of you here. Okay, bonus question or tiebreaker. This one's worth? Two points. And first team to buzz in with the correct answer wins. If you get it wrong though, what do we do? You lose the points, right? They go to the other team. You lose the points. They go to the other team. All right. Lovella, you want to read the bonus question out? All right, here we go. Neither of us know the answer to this.
Lovella: Here we go. Bonus tiebreaker question. What is the name of Maui's giant crab enemy?
Steve: Buzz.
Lovella: Buzz.
Steve: I know this.
Lovella: I knew it. I got it. I know it. I know. So do I. You don't have to let me finish. No, I know it. I got it first. I didn't think you'd know it, so I just waited to buzz.
Steve: I know. Thank you. I know it. What is it? My guess. I know this one. It's Tamatoa. I was going to say Tamatoa It's Tamatoa Love it Is it though? Scroll down and have a look It is Yay I win Moana Technically I was going to say the two So we both win No I got it I buzzed in first though Finally I buzzed in before you Whatever It's real It takes me It's hard for me to buzz in before you You always seem to get in quick I didn't think you'd know that Yay Parents win in our car Love it That means You are going to be sitting On a plastic chair I'll have a pillow I'll give you a pillow but you're going to sit on a plastic chair for the next movie
Lovella: fine whatever
Steve: and we're going to watch Lord of the Rings the extended edition
Lovella: that's how long you've got to sit on that no I'm not doing that no
Steve: it's like it's like three hours
Lovella: what? yeah no thanks
Steve: I'm good alright well thanks for playing Kids vs Parents with us today if you would like to suggest a topic
Lovella: click the link in the show notes and then we might feature your idea in a future episode
Steve: Thanks for playing Moana Trivia with us today. Yes. We'll see you next time.
Lovella: Bye. Aloha. Sous-titrage Société Radio-Canada