Mike: Hey, Monarch nation. This is Mike, and this is the Monarchist Podcast. Today. We are welcomed by ODU alum and ODU basketball player. AJ Oliver. Welcome to the show AJ!
AJ Oliver: What's going on, guys. Thank you guys for having me. This is a great opportunity, honestly.
Aaron: Thanks for coming on.
AJ Oliver: of course. And honestly, you know, it's I I'll say this has started out. I I've, I've really wanted to change to, to be able to greet Monarch nation outside of basketball, you know, being able to do this podcast. Like I say, you know, we were able to talk about it at the the baseball. Last week, I was really excited because, you know, it's, it's something that I've wanted to do myself, but not only that, just to be able to get a chance, to just talk about basketball and old dominion university and how much I truly enjoyed and appreciated my experience, you know, I'm really excited for this. So
Aaron: Yeah, we're excited to be a great opportunity to just chat. Have a good time and let Monarch Nation know a little bit more about you. What your past, your present and what's in store for you in the future.
AJ Oliver: Yeah, of course I'm an open book,
Mike: Alright, AJ so we're going to go back in time a little bit. We all know you transferred from Clemson, a big P5 school, especially compared to Old Dominion. Can you tell us about that process and what it was like and what kind of led you to old dominion?
AJ Oliver: Sure. Yeah. I mean, honestly it was it was pretty easy and a very simple process. It didn't take long, you know, when I think about it when I let's, let's, let's take it back to Clemson. You know, the first year that I went, then I was, you know, able to play fully was the year that we went to the sweet 16 and, you know, it was a very fun ride. I made a lot of, you know, a lot of different, not, not just friends, but family members, you know, brothers and, you know, people that I'll cherish forever because that experience is just once in a lifetime and be able to play not only against, you know, not only in the sweet 16, but to play against Kansas at the time, you know, one of the best teams in the country, you know, it was just a, it was an amazing experience. And I felt like at the time, you know, I, I had made strides, but, you know, they just, they didn't see it that way. So, you know, I put my name in the portal and took a chance on myself and coach Jones and coach stead came calling and, you know, the rest is history. So.
Aaron: Well, we're certainly happy and feel lucky that you made that choice to come to Old Dominion. You know, as a guy who's five foot eight and has about a six inch vertical, I didn't get recruited to, to a high level division one school to do much of anything. But can you tell us a little bit about recruiting kind of what your process was like and share that with folks who've never been through that.
AJ Oliver: now, recruiting is kind of like I dunno, I guess if there was, if there was a game back in the day, that was just super, I don't know, like, like a, what's the word I'm looking for? Like arcade game. Right. You know, like those arcade games that you could play at Dave and Buster's and stuff like that. If somebody,
Aaron: Old enough to
AJ Oliver: I, yeah. Yeah, my bad. So like if there was a very popular arcade game, you know, at all, it costs 25 cents and you know, your first 15 friends have 25 cents and they're already there essentially. That's kind of like recruiting. Who's going to be the first one to get you, you know what I'm saying? So it's really about recruiting itself is more so about you feeling good about the situation rather than them showing you a good time. I think, cause that's one thing that, you know, recruiting that like recruiting is, is just trying to show you a good time, essentially. But if, if you're really out there looking for, for what you want to accomplish in life and not only life, but your sport as well, you really got to look into, is this the right place for me? Is this the place that's going to help me grow? Not only as an athlete, but as a human and as a person, then that's kind of just how recruiting is for me. I just, I never look into what school it is or what conference. What mid-major D one ID, one load. Do you want it doesn't matter if the place feels right for me, then I'll go. Like, that's just kinda how it goes. So
Aaron: So what felt right about Clemson or were there, were there others that were close?
AJ Oliver: there were others that were close more than anything. It was more of a family decision. So yeah.
Aaron: That's awesome. Family is everything.
AJ Oliver: Yeah. I, it was at the time, you know, it was a great, it was a great opportunity because not only that, at that time, my sister was just starting to get recruited by Clemson for volleyball as well. So yeah, the whole family was going to be on a roster.
Aaron: Oh, that's awesome.
AJ Oliver: am
Mike: So, AJ speaking of family we know that your mom played at UVA, went to multiple final fours, had a great career as a coach. How has her being a coach contributed to who you are now as a person and a player?
AJ Oliver: You know, when you're, you know, five years old brushing your teeth in the morning. And then there was a game day against Louisville which is, which was a C USA conference fo at the time when she was coaching at UAB. And I'll never forget this. I, I think I was I was running late. I might've been running late for school. I don't know. I think she might've just read the clock wrong, but she yelled out. Ha we need to go right now. And if you're not downstairs, you're getting left and I promise you I won't come back. So yeah, that's kind of how, like the first coaching mindset I kind of saw out of my mom, you know, and it, and it came to me, you know? And so with that, being able to go to practices, being able to go to away games, watching home games being there at award ceremonies and things of that nature, you know, you see a lot of different things that, that the school doesn't teach you. And you know, that, I think that most people, you know, like teachers and coaches don't even teach you, you just something about what she does and how she carries herself and how she, you know coaches and not only coaches, but it interacts with the community is just something that, you know, I've put into my repertoire as well and use it to, to better, better everyone around me, more than anything. And that's, that's all she's ever wanted to do was just make sure that everyone around her was, would be better than her one day. So
Aaron: Awesome. It's it's interesting. You've, you've got a lot of, a lot of family intertwined in your story. You talking about your, your mom there, but you also have interesting history with Old Dominion and Coach Jones , coaching family members , and Coach Stith playing alongside your dad in the early nineties. Has there been any interesting discussions while you're on the court getting coached or anything like that? Coming out of, of Coach Stith
AJ Oliver: every once in a while he says, I looked like my dad on defense. So my dad was a two-time ACC defensive player of the year. So that, that, that feels a little good, you know, it was a little good. But I think honestly, one of the things that that is kind of not just, not just really kind of cool, but also just I guess heartwarming in my sense is that like sometimes, you know, when we're doing things, he'll call me Anthony, which is my dad's first name. And that just kind of like realized that like he sees that, that type of player in me, which is. Is great. Cause like myself, like included, I never thought I was a good defensive player until I came to ODU and played defense for three straight years. You know what I'm saying? So once that happened, I mean, building the confidence to guard more people take more charges, do more things defensively. You could see that, you know, that link that, that old dominion UVA link was there still because he still had that mindset of being perfect. Coach Jones is what I mean. You know, he still has a mindset of being perfect, being great on defense being sound on offense. And you know, his coaches, players, everyone down takes that mindset along with him. So
Mike: AJ, you've been at ODU since 2018-19 season. You've seen some highs. You've seen some lows. What's your most memorable moment from your time at ODU?
AJ Oliver: I would say selfishly, it was definitely the FAU game. I think my first year I got here, I think I had a career high of like 28 or something like that at 2020. I don't remember it was a high number. It was a great number. And then, you know, throughout that year, you know, I had a couple of double doubles with rememorable, especially in the UTS game, towards the end where I got the, the, an one foul to kind of seal that game essentially. And so, you know, all the things that I I've I've, I've endured here and experienced here have been amazing and memorable, but you know, I, it, those two come to mind, but it's really hard to pick one. Cause it's just one thing I'll say about the, I don't, you know, I'll call it, I'm going to call it the Ted cause I, I just, I'm sorry, I can't, I've known it as.
Aaron: Yeah.
AJ Oliver: I CA I've known it as the
Aaron: We all do.
AJ Oliver: That's what they introduced me, introduced it to me as, so that's what I'm going to go with it. I love the Ted, when the Ted used to get rocking during the first year I was here in a second, you know, COVID year was 250 fans, but it still felt like at least a thousand. So, but the past couple of the past couple of years just being in a Ted, playing in home games are just memorable more than anything.
Mike: Branching off of that, this year and prior years, we've seen a really dominant team at home . We saw the flip-flop of that on the road. Would you account that to the fans or just you guys being comfortable In the Ted
AJ Oliver: You know, I think one thing about playing on the road is that you, you, you really need your, a game all the time and. You know, when you don't have it, it's that this is kind of how it goes. And I think one of the things is that, like, we just never really had that in-sync moment on the road, you know, like at home it just felt like clockwork, but like on the road, we, I don't know what it was. W it would be times where, you know, we would play really good for stretches, give up a, a lead, come back, bring it back, and then just run out of gas. And, you know, I mean, eh, I don't really know truly what it is, but I mean, it, something's got, something's got to change. I mean, it's, for me itself, like I felt more on those road games. I felt more embarrassed, like when winning or losing those games, because it just, it felt like we could give a little bit more and it felt like we had a little more in the tank, but we just never could figure it out, you know? And you know, the harder I work and the more proud I take into it, At the end of the day. It's it's just a game, but still it's it's my, it's what I work for. I'm sorry.
Aaron: Sure. I imagine it's difficult being on the road. And at one of the things that Mike and I hear a lot with Conference USA is the fans just have a tough time connecting against some of the teams that we play against. And so I think the fan energy is similar as well, as opposed to, let's just, let's say 10 years ago, Mike and I are in the stands for a VCU game when they're a conference opponent JMU game as a conference opponent, as opposed to playing know FIU, you know, it's a basketball game. When you walk on the court, it's a basketball game, but the energy, I imagine you guys feed off of that energy as well. And if, if you're struggling or you're , for whatever reason, you, flew to El Paso and you need to pick a pick me up feeding off of less energy probably makes it challenging.
AJ Oliver: Yeah, it's definitely a challenge in terms of just playing, you know, like one thing I would say about this is that it when it comes to Ted, I bring my own energy and you guys know, you guys know me, I'm coming out, blazing, yelling, doing whatever I need to do to get y'all out to seats because we need every edit, every ounce of energy. Y'all got the same way, you know, teams do at, at, at at their place. So, I mean, I really do like playing on the road a lot more though, because like, one of the things about playing on the road is, is just being able to quiet that crowd, you know, the ones that don't like, you, you know, that's always the most fun part. You know, sometimes you get it done, sometimes you don't. I think, you know, one of the most fun part, I think one of the most fun games that we played in was definitely William and Mary, you know, cause it wasn't, it wasn't our best, but we had fun because we just figured out how to just blow past them at the end, you know, because we, we just grinded and grinded and do what we were supposed to do. We made mistakes. We, we, we were human, but in the second half we just, you know, figured something out, found a way to just continue to put baskets together and get stops and the rest was history. So
Aaron: That was a fun game. And Mike and I were both there.
AJ Oliver: I remember,
Aaron: That's been that's been, yeah. Then
AJ Oliver: I
Aaron: We make a little bit of noise. That's that's been a tough place for you guys the last the last couple of times.
AJ Oliver: Yeah.
Aaron: that was a good
AJ Oliver: So, you know, actually the funny thing is, is that I didn't play in those in a couple of those matches. I only played. I think they came to us last year and in COVID year, that was my first time playing William & Mary.
Mike: I think that's Jeff's first win at Mary.
AJ Oliver: It was, it was,
Aaron: I get tired of seeing Bruce Hornsby in losses. I love his music, but I don't like losing to him.
AJ Oliver: I get it.
Aaron: Hey AJ. So what's, what's a day in the life for you as a student athlete at ODU?
AJ Oliver: You know As I've gotten older, you know, less and less, you know, class time, I guess it'd be more online class type stuff, you know? But you know, wake up, make some breakfast, stretch out a little bit, take a nice shower, you know, make sure I'm ready for the day. Go to, if I have to go to class, go to class. You know, get some work done on my computer watch S I'll watch first take and get up. Cause I usually get up at like 7 30, 8 o'clock in the morning, usually every day. So it's, it's usually a light day, honestly, for me, because being a senior, you know, you don't really, we don't really have much to do other than, you know, do our work, go to practice, study hall maybe, and then go home. And it's essentially just kind of like for me, it's just, I sneak in video games every once in a while. I'll go to the gym whenever I can. You know, and then the occasional out to dinner, everyone to, to where, where do I go again? Ah, yes, Texas Roadhouse. Oh man. Listen, my cheat day, every. Not every Sunday, but cause we will be off Sundays. So every Sunday night or every other Sunday night, I go to Texas Roadhouse ordered two baskets of rolls with the butter, a big, a nice steak. I think I'd get the it's the ribeye and a ribs combo with mashed potatoes. Oh my God. Man,
Aaron: You're making me hungry. I haven't eaten yet.
AJ Oliver: I promise you, there was a time in the season. I think like in December when there wasn't much going on, I would go almost every, every week. I was about 205 pounds December 22nd.
Aaron: You don't want to eat that right before you have to play defense, right?
AJ Oliver: You know, for me it like one of the things that I've learned about my my stomach and my appetite is that like, I guess it doesn't really matter what I eat. It's kind of like how, how, how long I ate it or like how long ago I ate it. I guess if that makes sense. You know what I'm saying? If I. We is a game it's eight and I eat something at six. I'll be fine. But if I eat it like 6 30, 6 45, like, you know, up to an hour, if I had to get a snack or something, then not, not, not good. Not good for me. I'll just say that.
Mike: Alright AJ, speaking of food. at ODU, do you, do you have a favorite restaurant on campus and off campus?
AJ Oliver: Favorite restaurant on campus definitely is Del Vecch's. And then favorite off-campus restaurant. I I'm just going to keep it in the pizza family. I'm sorry. Granby Street Pizza is absolutely ridiculous. Like that's the grit I love, I love it. I love it, man. It just, I don't know what it is. I like that New York style pizza. I've been to New York a couple of times, just to well, for basketball reasons obviously, but you know, eating pizza, they're amazing. And then coming down to the Granby street, trying some of what they got, it was like almost identical. It was so good. I love it.
Mike: Have you tried Benny's?
AJ Oliver: Not yet. Everybody keeps telling me to try Benny's I'm I don't know if I, is that the one with the big, the big slices, the $5 big sizes or something? Yeah.
Mike: You're out on the town of Granby Street late at night, and you need a bite before you go home and get that Uber home it's highly recommended, especially if you like New York slices, the big ones you want to fold it over. It's it just hits right, right around midnight.
Aaron: It's not a wanna folded over it's a have to fold it over because otherwise it just didn't work. Hey, so a week ago, when we were chatting at the baseball stadium, we talked a little bit about other sports and growing up. So I was wondering if, you could jump on the roster of any other Old Dominion sports team right now, which one would it be
AJ Oliver: football.
Aaron: No hesitation.
AJ Oliver: No hesitation. I'm sorry. I love first off. Let me get my second, like secret love is football. It's always been football. I loved like, not the physicality of it, but just being able to, you know, how Randy Moss plays. I was one of the best waters. Like I played five football when I was a kid up until I was about like 13, 14, 1 of the best wide receivers in Alabama. I promise you that you threw the ball to me. It's getting caught every time. It doesn't matter. Who's on me. It doesn't matter why they're on me. It doesn't matter if it's double coverage. Triple cut. Press, what do you want to do? You want to put me in a zone? Okay. I'm going to find a spot and I'm going to catch the ball and I'm going to take it to the touch, take it to the house. That's just how I roll. I loved it, but I was also a very good quarterback as well. So I could do a little bit of both. So, I mean, a little rusty, but
Aaron: What if Coach Rahne is listening
AJ Oliver: you know, he's
Aaron: with COVID. Why do you have, do you have any
AJ Oliver: I have a,
Aaron: I mean, we could use like a
AJ Oliver: I have a, I have a half a semester left.
Aaron: We only need a half a
AJ Oliver: Uh, and then guess what semester? Yes, this semester I have left that fall semester of 2022.
Aaron: Alie-Cox didn't play any football VCU.
AJ Oliver: Hey man. Look, I can, I can do it. I think honestly, I've just, I've watched a lot of football throughout my lifetime just because, you know, I wasn't allowed to play tackle as a kid just cause you know, mom thought the moneymaker was basketball. We'll see. But you know, Hey football coach, coach. Let me know, man, I'll come try out. I will come try out. I will work. My damn heart. I'll work my hardest to
Aaron: That's awesome.
AJ Oliver: yeah,
Mike: Alright. AJ so , what do you think is the most underrated thing about as a school? And what's the most overrated thing?
AJ Oliver: Man, most overrated thing. Oh man. Ah,
Mike: you can pass if you
Aaron: He's afraid to say like Cane's..
AJ Oliver: It's not. No, I love Cane's. Oh no, no, no. Let's let that that's the most, I think Kate, yeah. Now that you say it, I would say canes is definitely the most underrated part of ODU because a lot of people be in there, but a lot of people that I know around or use campus, doesn't like. Like I talked to him on a daily basis. I'll talk to, you know, classmates, you know, acquaintances, some friends that I've made here on ODU campus. And some, some people don't like Cane's and I'm like, you mean to tell me there's, there's a, there's a, there's a chicken finger spot that gives you either three, four, or like six, or puts it on a bun for you with not with good crinkle fries and great lemonade and sweet tea. You mean to tell me you don't like that. That's not entitled. Not only that the sauce come on, like
Mike: My thing about Cane's is the chicken. you don't have the sauce.
AJ Oliver: it is bad. It's bad. It is bad. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you on that.
Aaron: So they have to, they've got to be married. you
AJ Oliver: yeah, it's a,
Aaron: can't have the chicken
AJ Oliver: you know, it's and honestly, It was a guy who just loves chicken just to, I love all types of meat, but just chickens, the chicken wings, chicken fingers, chicken. It's just great. Like, it's gotta be the chickens. Gotta be good along with the sauce, you know, but like with canes, it's like, yeah, the sauce is good enough. I usually make like, when I'll get a box combo, it says, I think there's like four tenders. The coleslaw, the fries and then the bread. And so I get an extra bread, so I'll make a sandwich with it. Right. So what I do is I put one burned down, call saw three fries, sauce, half a tender Again, other bun I'm telling you, it's the best thing I've done since I've went to canes.
Aaron: That is well thought out. That is a established
AJ Oliver: it was okay. I can tell you where I was when I did this. I think it was a Clemson and I was with a couple of friends and I saw my one friend just putting like, you know, the one piece of bread, he just split it in half and did the same thing. And I was like, wait, I got an extra piece. Do you want, what if I do the same, but just make it bigger. And I kind of tweaked his cause his was more, his was more like been chicken, little bit of saw a lot of sauce, extra buck, and then been again, or like the, the second button that he split it, half mine. I switched it up. So I did the bun. Cole saw three fries, chicken sauce. And then, and then it was just. Man. I honestly, you gotta try it. I'm not gonna lie. I don't, I don't recommend a lot of like food things. Cause I, I don't know a lot of people's food preferences, so I don't want to like say something that you might not like, but like, if you like canes and you like sandwiches, you should, you should definitely try it. I'm telling you, is it, am
Mike: well, hopefully we can get this podcast loaded soon because Cane's closes very
AJ Oliver: Do they close in a summer?
Mike: They're closing in April sometime.
AJ Oliver: Oh my God.
Mike: Yeah. You need to hit it up this week.
Aaron: what, what would that level of specificity on your sandwich? I mean, damn, they should give you a freaking NIL
AJ Oliver: Ah, Man, I would love that. Honestly.
Aaron: I see you holding that sandwich. That's a very specific sandwich.
AJ Oliver: It's really good. I look, it's the, it's the Texas toast like, but like buns man. It's it's so good. They, if they can. Make that a sandwich I would literally take probably just twenty-five percent of whatever they could take, whatever else. I don't care. Just make it a sandwich and put my name on it.
Aaron: Canes,
Mike: so AJ well, while I was in college at Tennessee, we didn't have a Cane's on campus. We had
AJ Oliver: Oh
Mike: and Zaxby's used to only have the same stuff that Cane's did. They only had the chicken, the toast, the coleslaw fries. That's all they used to sell. I think they've kind of messed up adding all these salads and stuff and making it more complicated.
AJ Oliver: Right.
Mike: But that was where we went every Sunday to cure hangovers. It worked and they had me hooked.
AJ Oliver: Okay. Wait, I actually have a question. So do you guys, are you guys familiar with Bojangles?
Aaron: Absolutely.
AJ Oliver: so essentially in Clemson, Right. So how it goes is that the campus is like its own entity and then there's the town on the other side kind of, kind of deal. So like there's a bridge that goes over like this little this highway and over the bridge, there's a Bojangles 10 minutes down the road, like kind of the back way of that. Bojangles is like kind of where the clubs are usually. So, you know, go to the club, be out till two don't sleep till like four for reasons that are not PG. And then we wake up the next morning and just drive to Bojangles and order a Cajun filet biscuit, a Bo rounds and a Bo-Berry. It's
Mike: got to get the boatBo-Berry
AJ Oliver: and you know what
Aaron: We know Bojangles so well that we drove an extra 30 miles going to Coastal Carolina for the bowl game, just to eat breakfast at Bojangles
AJ Oliver: know, honestly, I applaud the, I I've done that. Several times on the drive back home. Let me tell you something. It makes the drive a lot easier. I'm just saying, like, being able to, to, to drive it, like wake up at, like, I usually wake up around to go back home 7 30, 8. O'clock wake up, go to Bojangles, which is like right down the street from my house. And then just take that five hour drive home. Oh man. I love it. I'm just a big food guy, I guess. And you wouldn't get, you would not guess that if you saw me in person.
Mike: no,
Aaron: I Jeff's got you running a lot for defense with, or with the way that you talk about food, it Texas Roadhouse and Porter house. And I think it was the porterhouse rib combo.
AJ Oliver: It's, it's phenomenal. I'm telling you.
Aaron: So AJ , you talked a little bit about friends there and one of the conversations we had when we were at The Bud, you talked about Noah Dean and how you guys are really great friends. You know, traditionally basketball players and baseball players, you know, there's not a lot of crossover. How did that happen?
AJ Oliver: So it's kind of interesting. Huh. How it works is that our academic advisor, Amy Lynch, she works with multiple teams. And so we see other teams on a daily basis. It's just a matter of if they want to talk or not like if they want to say hello. And I remember one time I walked in and there were like two baseball players. And then there was this ginger haired kid talking to Amy and I was like, oh, he, he seems cool. So I was like, Hey, Hey Amy. And she was like, oh, Hey. Noah, this is AJ. AJ, this is Noah. And I was like, what's up, bro? He was like, what's up bro? He good. And he dapped me up and I was like, hold on and say, this is, this might be a friendship right here. This might be a friendship. Like I felt something in that dap, like it it was kinda cool. I like this guy. And so, you know, just kind of talking with him a little bit and just getting to know him. Then we exchanged social medias and then we exchanged PlayStation network accounts and we play Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, a little bit of Fortnite every once in a while. And you know, with him being in season now and me being out of season, you know, I have more free time, but he doesn't. So, but like before, when we first met like I think it was last year, I think I want to say we would play all the time because you know, with COVID like you had a bunch of free time, like and then I learned, I didn't realize this last year though, but we have the same birthday or not the same birthday we have like back-to-back birthday. So mine's the ninth in his is the tenth. So, you know, I was already at the at the conference championships in Dallas at that time playing. And, you know, I remember getting a text from him saying, happy birthday, go kill it, do what you always do. And so, you know, being able to do that, being able to get that text and then be able to wake up the next morning. And it was saying these almost the same thing, cause he's about to start playing soon. It was, it was a really cool experience. And, you know, I cherish our friendship and it's definitely gonna take me, it's going to, you know, be something that we will definitely be friends for awhile. So
Mike: So when you guys are playing those video games, who's the better player?
AJ Oliver: I mean, it, it just depends on like the day, you know, I can't lie to you. I sometimes I'll be, I'll be killing it with about nine kills. I'll get up to. On a good day. I'll get up to seven to 12 kills. He'll get up till about eight to eight, 13, and then on a bad day, you know, I get up to, I want to say zero to one to one to six, and then he'll get about three to eight on a bad day. So, you know, it just, it, it just depends, honestly.
Aaron: Nice. Hey, what's what's one thing. And obviously don't say anything. That's
AJ Oliver: Oh no, of course. No, no, no.
Aaron: tell, tell us something about one of your teammates that ODU fans don't know that you think they should.
AJ Oliver: Austin Trice is really good at singing has a, he has an absolutely beautiful singing voice. I've never. Like, okay. I've been to look just in, just for reference, I've been to a Drake concert at the Post Malone concert, tame, Impala concert. I've been to, you know, several different, just what was it like? They're constantly like, same top like acapella group concerts and things of that nature with like people who do it for a living. Like they do this seriously and you can't take it from him. He does it effortlessly the same way he does dunks the same way he plays. I don't know how, but he's just great. And like you hear, and you're like, why are you not, why don't you have a record deal yet? What, what is going on? And so, you know, I mean, I want to see if he actually does something with it, cause like it would actually be kind of cool to see because he does have a beautiful voice. And I mean, if you ever have a chance to, to, to see him and ask him. Man. He can pull it out on the spot. Like I promise it's like, it's like, it's like a, it's like a magic trick. Like he just does it. You wouldn't expect him to do it. That's the crazy thing. So
Aaron: it's going to be weird if we see him on the street though, Mike and I are walking and be like, Hey, we heard you, you could say, can you drop a rhythm?
AJ Oliver: No, now just tell him AJ sent ya.
, Mike: if you were singing, what style of music is he
AJ Oliver: it, it can be RB. It can be slow, slow jams. It's. He just like, has just this melody about them. I don't know what it is. He'll sing it every once in a while in the in the locker room. And it's just like, oh, like something like that, like something quick, but it just sounds like the most amazing production produced thing I've ever heard. I'm not gonna say. I get, I get, I don't give a lot of high praise to a lot of people, but like when it comes to just things that I know, I can't do. You got it, man. Hey, all praise to you. Seriously.
Mike: so if we, if we put it in a range, is he more Teddy Pendegrass or is he more like Usher Timberlake?
AJ Oliver: Usher Timberlake with a little bit of Teddy.
Mike: Okay.
AJ Oliver: Not too much. Not too much. It he's got, he's got that. He's got that Teddy in him, but he doesn't really let it like belt out as much. Cause he likes to make it sound sexy. Like, JT and Usher.
Mike: Okay. I can envision it now because when you're saying he can sing, I'm just envisioning like a Luther Vandross
AJ Oliver: Oh no. None of them in the know he gets, he gets both sides of it. It's it's it's crazy.
Mike: got, he's got a lot of range then.
AJ Oliver: Like, you know, how you ever heard Jamie Fox sing? Jamie Fox, about the
Mike: He was amazing.
AJ Oliver: about the closest comparison I can give you is Jamie Fox. And that's how, that's how I,
Mike: crazy.
Aaron: That's the last thing I thought you were going to say about the interesting thing. That's awesome, man. That's awesome. Right.
AJ Oliver: was thinking, I was like, what's something that's like super interesting that nobody would have thought about Austin singing because he did, he does it, not all the time, but every once in a while. And when he does it, like, we're all just like what the, you can sing it's you can say, huh? He just keep doing it. And this is funny,
Mike: uh, so speaking to teammates, we're going to ask you to build a starting five from ODU's basketball history. You have to be in it you're the one making it. Who are you surrounding
AJ Oliver: Going with, can I have a six man? Is that okay? Can I do that? Okay. Cool. All right, cool. So I, I
Mike: you're the coach player, coach.
AJ Oliver: I got first I have Trey Freeman, no question point guard. Secondly, I'm going to put Kent at, to me at the three. Well, we put bad, right? Would you classify Biberaj as a four or a stretch five because I really don't. I want to put, I want to put Kalu at the five and Biberaj ride the four, but I don't know who would bang more, you know?
Mike: alright, Nik. He can shoot a little bit. He can move at four. Makes sense for him.
AJ Oliver: And Kalu's mobile too, which is my thing, but you know,
Mike: Well, you're going to be up to stretch the
AJ Oliver: Oh man. That spread out, stretch the floor. Hey, we can be big as well. And we're we're long and athletic, but also got a speeding point guard. And then my six men is definitely a Ahmad Caver. I got, I got, I remember when I first transferred in to watch, you know, that team that went to, to the NCAAs, Ahmad Caver and BJ Stith had that team on a roll, essentially. They, they, they, however, they went the team went, you know, and I wanted something like that. I just couldn't, we couldn't build it for some reason here, but, you know, it's, it's it's something that I cherish that I, that I love about point guards and about just leaders that if you're going to be the leader of this team, like then be like Ahmad Caver, be like Trey Freeman. You know what I'm saying? Like those guys were pillars on teams that were great or not, and not just in a sentence. Winning games and, you know, doing, do, you know, just winning games and stuff like that, but just in the community as people, they were just great people, you know, and they, and they set the example for not only just the freshmen and sophomores, but also their juniors and their senior counterparts as well. So
Aaron: That's awesome. You talk about those two guys. Were, were they vocal leaders on the floor were or would, did they lead in a
AJ Oliver: I would say that they laid in a different way. And then it laid lead by example, which is something that post Jones liked about me when we had our, our recruiting meeting. Was that like, I don't, I did a lot more talking this year just because I wanted to get everybody into it and I missed the fan, the fan log and stuff like that. So, but you know, one thing about me is that like, I've always been a person that just is cool, calm and collected, and just does this work. And it doesn't really speak that much. And, you know, you saw a lot of that. Well, you know, not towards the end of the. You saw a lot of that when I first got to ODU. And so, you know, it's, it's something that, you know, I took, I took pride in being able to see some other people take pride in was, was, was good. And it made me into reassured me that, you know, I was supposed to be here because people do, if people take pride in what I take pride in and I'm in the right place.
Mike: Alrighty, Jay. We got to talk about this and there's no easy way to transition to a topic as serious as this. Harry Minium wrote an awesome article about you in early March. You were open and honest and really kinda pulled the curtain back on some of the struggles you've gone through. What is your message to everyone out there who may share some of the feelings that you talked about? And before you answer, we both want to thank you for sharing your message. We think it's really important. You talked about mental health and kind of get rid of that stigma. There should be no stigma because everyone goes through their own ups and downs in life. So we really do appreciate you sharing that message.
AJ Oliver: One thing that a lot of people have to understand is that the reason why I said what I said and explain what I was going through is that it's not for me, this isn't about me. Like, like my life, one thing that I've noticed about my life is that I've, I've helped a lot of people, you know, get to certain places like. I'll tell you a story about one of my best friends, Palmer Morris, he's, he's probably one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. You know, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. We met on, on Twitter actually because I was an incoming freshmen at Clemson and he was already there in his first year. So, you know, push comes to shove talking about, you know, Clemson and him, and at the time his favorite team, because he was from Chapel Hills, North Carolina, obviously. And so, you know, talking about, you know, talking smack about the games and stuff like that, and then meeting him in person and being able to, you know, get to know him as as a person was just great. And so after a while, you know, a spot for our student manager job opens up. I was really good friends with the director of basketball operations at the time, Lucas McKay. And you know, I got him a job as a student manager and next thing you know, he takes that job continues to build on it, does what he's supposed to do. And now he's he's he sets lines. It makes a lot of money at DraftKings and does very well for himself. And that's, that's more so what the point of me sharing this story is, is that like, I want to help people that, that are in my situation, understand and realize that this isn't the end. You know, this is just a roadblock, it's just a stop. It's just a stopping point, you know? And there are times where you have to go through those trials and tribulations because as humans and as people, that's just how life is. And for me, I'm glad it happened earlier in life than later, because I'm not sure if later in life at the time, you know, where I was, I would've probably had the same support system and the same, you know, the same outcome. So did it because I feel like there are people in my position, kids that are black, white, Asian, you know, whatever. You know, whether there's seven, two or four 11, you know, male, female, whatever, it doesn't, it doesn't matter. You know, it's supposed to be for the people that, that are going through it so that they can understand that they can get through it too. And I just hope that it's reached someone out there that that is, you know, was feeling the same way I was feeling and realizes that, Hey, if he can do it as an athlete, a student athlete at that, I can definitely do it. So you know, that my whole goal on this earth is to help people into, you know, to do things for the betterment of others, not for myself. So
Aaron: We really do appreciate it. AJ. I mean, Mike and I have discussed this along with some of the other folks that you met at The Bud last weekend. I mean, we've got folks in our group that have children who have read the story and are inspired by your story and realize that they're not alone because when you're having feelings, so whatever they are, they're real to you, whether or not, you know, whatever's going on. But to know that you're not alone and that other people have gone through the same thing or are going through the same thing that. No, it's, it's very helpful. So we really do really do appreciate you being so open and honest. And I know that that you and Harry worked on that for a long time. That, that wasn't something you all sat down and did in a
AJ Oliver: weekend. That was a two that's about a two year project. I would say two years, man. It was, it was great to just like, you know, and one of the things that I would say about that whole thing is that I was able to, to re, to, to kind of like rehash and go over some things again and, and realize that. Some of the things that were said, and some of the things that were done at the, at my time there weren't what was supposed to happen. And so, you know, it, it, it made me kind of like get, I don't know, like a second wind, you know, when we were doing that story, because it just felt like I had a lot more to prove not only in terms of just basketball, but in life and to show people that, you know, there is nothing, you know, that you can accomplish. There's nothing you can accomplish. And I hope people really understand that and to the kids that listen to it and who should even adults, if, if you, you know, need someone to talk to, or if you need someone to just kind of open up to about your whole situation, DM me, literally on my Instagram, Twitter, you know, like I listened to everyone because at the end of the day, I, I don't judge. I, I, I truly don't. It's, it's. More. So it's not about your past is more so about your president. What's your future is. And if you have a mindset that you want to stay on this earth and do good things and help the world, and not only helping the world, but help your family, help your friends achieve greatness, then shoot your friend of mine will tell you that right now.
Mike: oh, we love it. AJ really admirable. Well, we're going to switch gears again on you. So all right. So we hung out at The Bud. You told us how much you enjoyed going to The Bud. You tell us a little bit more about how you became a baseball
AJ Oliver: yeah, no. So like I was like I said, at the, at The Bud, right. I was, I was never really properly introduced to baseball. So, you know one time and, you know, in college I picked up. I picked out of a hat of, of different teams, you know, baseball teams in MLB. And you know, I picked, I picked the team out of the hat and well, as you guys know, it was the Diamondbacks. And so now I am a proud Diamondback fan, but I actually take that back, not proud, but I am a Diamondback fan for the past five years now. So honestly I do want to get to a a Nationals game before I, before I ended up leaving, I do want to end up getting to a Yankees game. I do want to end up wanting to go to Chicago, LA, Kansas City, and also, you know, Texas as well. Just to experience that, that whole baseball like that, just the tradition. You know, I feel like that, that's one thing that like, you know, my cousins, my little cousins are actually getting a chance to do is that they're actually getting a chance to play like actual, real baseball. Yeah. They're getting a chance to sit down and have fun with friends, you know, playing the outfield, playing the infield. I think my oldest cousin might be a pitcher next year. Hopefully I don't, apparently he's got an arm. Well, so, you know, look out for him in the coming years, so,
Mike: slide is his name and his information to
AJ Oliver: oh yeah. Oh yeah, definitely. Well, he's, he's almost I think he's like he's 13 now. So, you know, when he gets in think he's getting to high school pretty soon, so, oh man. Time flies.
Aaron: handed or left.
AJ Oliver: right-handed
Mike: so AJ, I will say if you have a chance to make the trip up to DC, you should go to Nat's Park. It's
AJ Oliver: really?
Mike: But you should also try to fit in CamdYardsrds. Camden Yards is one of the coolest stadiums I've been to highly recommended. I've been there. Wrigley Wrigley is awesome. If you can experience Wrigley, especially like on a, I went there on July 4th and it was one of the coolest
AJ Oliver: You went on July 4th, Man. I'm jealous.
Aaron: baseball on July 4th. Those does pair
AJ Oliver: I am very
Aaron: but all, any of those iconic
AJ Oliver: to make that a statement that everyone knows. I'm very jealous that people were, that the people in this podcast were able to experience baseball on the fourth and that I wasn't. And that, that is the next thing on my bucket list now.
Aaron: Any of those iconic parks, Wrigley, Fenway,
Mike: you can feel
Aaron: worth, yeah. It's you can, you can, you can feel the history, you sit in the same seat, so you go to Fenway and it's like stepping back in time. I mean, it really, it really
Mike: Walking into Fenway or Wrigley, you feel that buzz around the stadium, like within like a couple blocks of the stadium before you even there. It's the same kind of buzz you have when you're walking into the Ted for the
AJ Oliver: Oh man.
Mike: The buzz in Chicago, in Boston for a baseball game, it's, it's pretty cool.
AJ Oliver: Oh man.
Aaron: really is, it really is. So
AJ Oliver: Yeah. Yeah.
Aaron: you know, as a couple diehard Old Dominion fans, Mike and I are always interested in. What's what's next with ODU. So, you know, for all the prospective student athletes out there that are considering Old Dominion, and then they have choices, you know, people have more choices now than ever. It's, it's easy to, to recruit if you can play coaches, know where you are. So for every student athlete that's , considering Old Dominion, what would you share with them?
AJ Oliver: you know, I, I would tell them don't stay in your niche, know your team. Don't just be friends with your team. Get out. That's one thing that I, I, as a, as a person, you know, and upset at myself about is that first two years here, I stayed to my team. Honestly, I didn't do much. I, when my boy AC, Lo, and Alfis was here, I hung out with those guys, like probably exclusively more than anything. And. I think they took me to a party, you know, like it was like a sport, like every other sports party or all the sports were in there. And you know, it was cool to see everybody just hanging out and seeing that there were other people, friends with other sports, you know, and one of the things that, like, I was kind of like told when we got here, when I got here was that like, we're not really friends with a lot of other sports. We're not really friends with football. And so that was one of the things I kind of wanted to like change a little bit. I kind of got more friends and volleyball, a little, couple friends with I'm friends, with LaMareon James from ODU football. That's my guy for we have a CampusMogul deal together. So, you know, shout out to him. Honestly, I really, I really love what he does on the football field. It's, it's, it's incredible.
Aaron: We do
AJ Oliver: and honestly, I really hope my guy gets drafted soon. I think it's coming up this year and next year, is he, what is he eligible? He's got enough.
Aaron: gotta play another year.
AJ Oliver: LaMareon,
Aaron: LaMareon he's
AJ Oliver: you got one, you got another year. I hope he gets drafted. And I, and I hope it's first, second and third, honestly, a kid kid works hard and I, and I, and I appreciate that more than anything in this world. And one of the things is like coming over as a, as a Clemson student around that time was that I got to watch three national championships and then went to, so, you know, my first impression of ODU football was I think it was that 2019 year or the 20. Yeah, the 2019 year when they played Norfolk state at home. And I'm, I'm just going to be honest fellows. I walked out at halftime. I didn't, I didn't go back to a game until coach Ricky Rahne started coaching. So I I'm very excited for Coach Rahne in that team and I've, I've watched them. Grow since I've been here and, and, you know, with, with Coach Rahne pedigree at Penn State, you know, being a college football, you know, fanatic as I am, you know, watching that team, you know, when they had the Trace McSorley to Saquon Barkley and, and even a what's my gun on the, the cowboy Michael Parsons, you know, they, they were, they were pretty good teams. They couldn't get over the hump in the Big Ten, but they were pretty good teams and they made solid runs and they, they got to, you know, double digit win seasons bowl games that were new year six or bigger, or at least to that standard. And so being from that pedigree I expect are not expect, but I would hope that Coach Rahne has big plans and nothing more, nothing less than the new year six, at least honestly. And hopefully if they expand the playoffs and you know, we can get a a mid-major bid, boom, you know, If I think our ceiling is high, I believe in Coach Rahne in that team. And even if you know, I'm not a student, I'm still an alumni and I want to see this team do well more, more stability thing. I want to see all of our teams do well. So
Mike: absolutely. All right, AJ. So we're gonna have our one question. We're going to ask every guest and this is going to be it. So you're a player, but we're going to put you in the position as a coach. What is your pitch to recruits to come to ODU?
AJ Oliver: My coaching philosophy honestly, is more so built around my players. And so whatever let's say, the, the player is. Is this shooting a slashing point guard who can really finish up the rim. I want to make sure that not only does he know basketball wise, we're going to put them in the best situation that he'd get as possible to succeed, but in the classroom and in life, we are also going to make sure that he needs everything, that he, everything that he needs to succeed as well, whether that's playing basketball or getting a regular job or, you know, whatever it is that he does. You know, honestly, I, I'm more so invested in, you know, the player and the person as well, because I wanna make sure that when he comes to ODU, he's not coming to just play and get a random degree. No, he's coming here to build his life so that when he graduates or he goes to the draft, he's ready and he's able to succeed.. And so at the end of the day, man, like I think that's one of the things that old dominion has done for me is that not only will I be able to succeed on the pro level, but I'll also be able to succeed in life. And, you know, I can think Coach Jones, Coach Stith, Chris Ko, Coach Richardson and even Coach Jefferson when he was here. And you know, that was just one of the things that, that really enticed me about being here. And that's one of the things that I'm going to carry into being a coach is that like, it's not more so about wins and losses for me, I guess, in, in, at the end of the day. Yes. That that's the, that's the goal, but no, my goal is that this guy's going to be an amazing basketball player, but he's also going to be an amazing person and an amazing student as well. And you know, some kids might not be into that, but at the end of the day, if you, if you gotta play for me, like, I want to make sure that you're not going to be out here wylin'. Like, come on. Got to make sure that you're in check and make sure that if you are doing something that is frowned upon, just please just do it in a private manner and make sure that there's people that you trust around because at the end of the day, like that is how most of us athletes fault. So, you know, that that's kind of just my philosophy for coaching and bringing people to, to recruit to come here. So,
Aaron: you sold me. So AJ what's the future look like
AJ Oliver: you know,
Aaron: AAJ
AJ Oliver: honestly I still have that extra semester left. So we are currently working on getting the waiver, but all options on the table right now, you know as do want to go pro I want to hear. What people have to say, whether if I'm ready now or if I'm ready in a year or, you know, whatever it takes and, you know, it's about more so the experience rather than I guess the money for me, but, you know, obviously the money would be nice, but, you know, I I'm, I'm more than willing to come back to ODU for another year as well, but I'm also, you know, enticed to also find a place where I can get some more stats up as well. So all options are on the table and whichever one is, is looking the best at the end of the day is what I'm going to go with. And so, you know, obviously I'll talk to my parents about it. I'll pray about it and make sure that, you know, I talk I talked to all the right people before I make my own decision because at the end of the day, you know one of the things that, that I I've had to learn is that making decisions on my own has been a tough little battle. Hearing opinions every once in a while is good. Just to hear different bits and pieces and take, you know, pros and cons and outweigh all options because, you know, you can't go into something blind and sometimes a lot of people make that mistake and I don't want to be, I don't want to make sure that my next move is, is some, I want to make sure that my next move is something that is calculated. So
Aaron: okay. When you're done playing basketball, do you have a
AJ Oliver: absolutely. I actually have like three coaching actually became one recently just because whether it's high school, college, a U whatever. I want to make sure that like, like I, I put, I make my stamp out on the world and coaching because I feel like the things that I I could do as a coach could be like, never, not really never before seen, but something. Teams aren't used to doing, because it's, it's more so about, like in college basketball, sometimes it's more so about the set and what you're running rather than the players and who, and how they play. And some teams are playing that way. But I think, you know, if you put players in positions to, to actually succeed and do, and to ask them to do things that they know how to do and just put them in those positions and run sets like that, you make all the difference in the world rather than like trying to run sets because you know, it could work because that's kind of how it's worked, but, you know, it's just like something that I've just kind of thought about, you know, for the past couple of years
Mike: AJ this is your chance to plug your
AJ Oliver: yeah. Oh yeah. So Monarch Nation. I am starting a podcast soon with a very good friend of mine. His name's Kyle Barry, AKA Chrome, B it's all, all of his social media is, and we are starting a podcast called The Waking Times. We're shooting for our first episode to be either next Monday or the Monday after. And essentially our whole thing is we're going to talk about, you know, just life in general, how humans interact with, you know, everyday life, whether it's going to work, you know, music, social media, sports takes. And then at the end, we'll have like this thing called the rotation where we take topics of controversial opinions that we, you know, one person will pick another person we'll pick and then we'll come together at the end for a third topic that we would talk about and debate, and also have a couple of guests on. And we're looking to just kind of just elevate your morning, essentially. That's kind of what we're doing. And the name of it is called the waking. And honestly our whole goal is to give you something in the morning, you know, when you're getting ready for working, just throw it on and just listen to different things that we talk about, because I think not only as an athlete, but also as an African-American and also CRO and also Chrome is as well. We have different insights on the world that a lot of other people don't really get to see. And so, you know, being able to just give that situation out and not only that just promote, you know, general wellbeing in terms of just being able to just get ready and go for your day at work or at school, or, you know, whatever you gotta do and just give you a good feeling about the day, you know, more so than anything. just want to have a good time and we hope you guys just enjoy us being goofballs and enjoying our, our more are giving you a chance to enjoy your morning. I'm really excited for it. And also be on the lookout for our Twitters are, are all of our social media is, will be out probably this weekend. So yeah,
Aaron: good deal. You have to let us know that we'll put it in the show notes. So people will be able to check that stuff
AJ Oliver: Absolutely.
Mike: And we're looking forward to hearing
AJ Oliver: actually, okay, so before we, I'm not sure if you guys were about to end it, but before we do, I had a question because we did talk about baseball and speaking of spring sports, are you guys familiar with the USFL?
Aaron: Which version?
AJ Oliver: The nut? I think it
Aaron: the old people version or the more current
AJ Oliver: it was the old people version. I remember watching a 30 for 30 on that and I really look, Hmm. Okay. I have a gripe with a certain person because he technically killed that league. When that happened back in the day and my team. So my, my my eventual nine-year home at the time Birmingham had a team. And so I was robbed of a chance of watching them play at Legion field, but not anymore because they're coming back and they are being added, I think their play, I think they start what April, I think. And so I'm going to try and get down for a home game one time. And cause I think one of my best, one of my friends from that down there, Trey, Jameson, he's still, he's still going to be there I think for another year. So I'm going to go down there and see him and hang out with him and watch the games with him. So I'm looking forward to it, honestly. Yes, the Stallions, I got to get a Jersey soon.
Aaron: Do you know, who's coaching them?
AJ Oliver: Do not, I haven't looked at the full roster yet. I learned very, very late that this was happening again. Because after last or was it last year with the Football Alliance or something like that and why it's a football or something? I was a DC Defenders fan cause I, I, you know, there were like my dad's a Washington, well now Commanders, but he was a watched a football team fans. And so now he's a Washington Commanders fan and I don't like the Commanders, so I needed a team.
Aaron: I, I can
Mike: kind of hurting.
Aaron: Me me, you said your dad,
AJ Oliver: my dad's a huge Commanders fan big, tremendous
Aaron: the two of us need to talk to him because I can commiserate as a long time, except I hate the name. So I call him the Commandos.
Mike: So I will say this. You talked about the Alliance. We were all big. What was it? The St. Louis Battle Hawks
AJ Oliver: They did have Taylor Hi Nikki. Heinicke.
Mike: They did have it.
AJ Oliver: Oh man.
Aaron: It was, yes,
AJ Oliver: That was a time that. You know, I was about before the seat before they like completely destroyed the league. I was two weeks away from buying the Defender's Jersey. Like I built up the money and everything. I saved up. I was ready to get like a, an authentic one that costs like $250. And I had like $315 at the time. It was more than enough. Two weeks later.
Aaron: that always, that happens to me all the time. I got my Zach Pascal Jersey. Yeah. Eagle now.
AJ Oliver: Oh, ouch.
Aaron: Yeah. But yeah, your, your new coach is, was the former coach of Louisiana Tech. Who were
Mike: Skip Hotltz
Aaron: Sayonara. Yes. Skip Holtz.
Mike: AJ, we really appreciate you taking the time to talk with us today. We also want to thank you for your, for being a Monarch. I think all of ODU Nation wall will second me in that. Thank you for representing the school. Well, playing your hardest. We all saw it. We all appreciate.
Aaron: always have an energy, always having a smile on your face.
AJ Oliver: you know, I'll leave on this because that you guys mentioned that honestly, one of the things that is big for my values is family. And at Clemson, we did talk about being you know, the Clemson family and things of that nature. And sometimes you felt it, but sometimes you really didn't because, you know, the Clemson family essentially is the football team and everyone else. It's just how it kind of goes. You know, whether it's the fans, whether it's, you know, S you know classmates, whether it's, you know, teammates or other sports teams, you kind of feel it, you do every time you walk in to, to the gym, Jerry, to do study hall, or every time you're going to, to the butter, you know, you walk into the football stadium, are you going to the match or not the match? I'm sorry, The Ted, and even The Web, you know, you feel it everywhere. You feel it that like people want to be here. People actually enjoy their time here. And, you know, one of the things that I loved about the ODU was that, like, you know, it's a S it's a school in Norfolk, Virginia, which is like 30 minutes away from Virginia Beach. Like, no one really knows where that is, but when you come down and you get a chance to really feel the vibe and the energy around the campus, you understand why people like going here. No, I've enjoyed my time here and I've loved every, every, every single second of it. And more so than anything, I've been extremely grateful for. You know, all my aunts and uncles who are, who are the fans in the stands. And, you know, I really appreciate you guys more than anything. You guys have been the light that I've needed time and time again, every season to continue on and playing. And so without you guys, and without coach Jones and this team, and just this community in the school, like, I honestly don't know where I would be. I truly don't. forever grateful for it, for all the million and I'll give whatever they need, honestly, because they've given me everything.
Mike: love to hear it. AIJ.
Aaron: Absolutely. AJ, thanks so much for coming on and sharing your time. We look forward to checking out the next game at The Bud and hanging out and watching, watching your boy Noah a close out
AJ Oliver: man. You know what I got robbed of not seeing him pitch when I came to The Bud and then miss the ECU game, I was so pissed. Oh, I can't wait. I need to see my guy pitch the next time he pitches. Let me know. I will be there front and center early.
Aaron: Hook. Hopefully it will be a couple of
AJ Oliver: Oh,
Aaron: this weekend. Microphone Array (Realtek(R) Audio) Input channel 1: Thank you for tuning into the Monarchists is podcast. Thank you again. Oliver. And go monarchs.